Best tyson fight?

biggspc

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've been a long time MMA fan, but have never watched much boxing. What fight(s) should i watch if I want to see the absolute peak of Mike Tyson's career. In other words, in which fight did he did hive best performance with impetuous style and impregnable defense?

The following fights are good:

1. Tyson vs Spinks
2. Tyson vs Larry Holmes
3. Tyson vs Tyrell Biggs

Imo, any of his fights (up until the Spinks fight) showcase Mike's fury and systematic aggression.

After the Spinks fight, Tyson left Rooney and, as a result, his peformances started to suffer (you can notice the stark contrast between the Tyson that fought Spinks and the Tyson that fought Bruno for the first time). This eventually led to his defeat by Buster Douglass and, a short while later, Mike continued his free fall by getting locked up.

Therefore, if you want to really appreciate Mike's earlier style, watch any of his fights before the first Bruno fight. Imo, all his post prison matches were sloppy and he lacked the speed and head movement which made him such a killer in his prime.

November 22nd, 1986. Trevor Berbick. The man was in rare form on perhaps the most important evening of his professional career (his fight with Spinks was right up there too). It is easily one of the finest examples of controlled aggression I've ever seen.

4436108268_429a62ee1c.jpg

4262473799_91173bec70.jpg

4435572581_a84d0ba1bb.jpg

a fight of his that never gets any mention are his bouts with razor ruddock particularly the second fight...this is one fight where mike shows plenty of guts in grinding out a decision win...that fight was brutal....wild about this fight is that would be the last time anyone would take tyson the distance

a fight of his that never gets any mention are his bouts with razor ruddock particularly the second fight...this is one fight where mike shows plenty of guts in grinding out a decision win...that fight was brutal....wild about this fight is that would be the last time anyone would take tyson the distance

I agree
the Ruddock fights were great

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure that Ruddock had his jaw broken by a Tyson right hand in the 3rd or 4th round, and finished the fight.

4435572795_8f23ba9a7f.jpg

Another fight that doesn't get mentioned much is Tyson's fight with Pinklon Thomas. It wasn't the most stirring battle, but the way Tyson finished him was brutal.

ruddock had a busted jaw and in return he busted tyson's eardrums :eek:

I do remember reading somewhere that Tyson suffered a perforated eardrum in that fight.

Crazy.

That's a fight I'm going to have to watch again.

for tyson's best wins as far as opposition and how he disposed of them, then a lot of people are gonna say spinks, berbick, holmes etc.

however, if you're not caring for top quality opponents and you're looking to just see mike's talent, athleticism, head movement, combos, ferocity and all that jazz on display for more than a 90 frickin seconds look no further than his mauling of jose ribalta.

YouTube - Mike Tyson vs. Jose Ribalta (Highlights)

for tyson's best wins as far as opposition and how he disposed of them, then a lot of people are gonna say spinks, berbick, holmes etc.

however, if you're not caring for top quality opponents and you're looking to just see mike's talent, athleticism, head movement, combos, ferocity and all that jazz on display for more than a 90 frickin seconds look no further than his mauling of jose ribalta.

YouTube - Mike Tyson vs. Jose Ribalta (Highlights)

Shit
that was brutal, Ribalta has a ton of heart though

Tyson vs. Bruno 1 had it's moments

Tysons best KO

this is what you get when you combine once in a lifetime power, illogical speed, precision and technique only possible by obsessive practice, and the bad intentions produced by growing up in the streets of brownsville and pit it against the pampered son of a boxing legend

poetry in motion

YouTube - Mike Tyson Vs. Frazier

This fight has the best body punch I have ever seen, followed by one of the most devastating KO's ever. Tyson is 19 years old in this video...
[YT]RKS2Ac0EafQ&feature[/YT]

Back