Best time to eat when you have awkward training?

tomrichugpeltho

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My class schedule is as follows. 5:30-7 Kickboxing, 7-8:30 Judo and 8:30-10pm BJJ. During all of this I get really, really hungry which as stupid as it sounds, really affects my performance. I would eat a big meal beforehand but then I'd be all bloated and again my performance would suffer (plus chance of hurling), what/when should I eat to stop this? Thanks.

4 and a half hours of training! I'm not fat but I have to eat something every 3 hours. get some nuts or carbs in between... or lighten your load

That is a pretty ridiculous schedule IMO. Can't you split them on different days?

i have been doing the same thing man ... i moved my club to a bigger location and have been eating bsically nothing from 2-9 pm every day ... while hitting weights sparring grappling & teaching thoughout the evening .. have been crashing an hour or 2 before 9 pm no for the last 2 months .. diet has been pretty terrible for this 2 months . today i went to bins & bin bought ... oatmeal / bran / 12 grain cerial / raisens / almonds / walnuts / dark chocolate chips / hemp hearts / flax seed and a number of other brans & wheat germ ect ect ... i mixed this all in with 30 scoops of vanilla protien powder / 3/4 a jar of honey some corn syrope olive oil & water in a blending machine for about 20 minutes .. put in oven at 350 ... when the oven hit tempature i shut it off and left bars inside for 30 mins or so ... i did this a few times ... this made over 50 bars .. and it's awesome food . going to be bring it with me to the club for before and after each workout

this also burned out my mixing maching it went up in smoke just as i was finnsing up the blending .. so if your going to do this get somthing stronger than 200 watt lol

i have been doing the same thing man ... i moved my club to a bigger location and have been eating bsically nothing from 2-9 pm every day ... while hitting weights sparring grappling & teaching thoughout the evening .. have been crashing an hour or 2 before 9 pm no for the last 2 months .. diet has been pretty terrible for this 2 months . today i went to bins & bin bought ... oatmeal / bran / 12 grain cerial / raisens / almonds / walnuts / dark chocolate chips / hemp hearts / flax seed and a number of other brans & wheat germ ect ect ... i mixed this all in with 30 scoops of vanilla protien powder / 3/4 a jar of honey some corn syrope olive oil & water in a blending machine for about 20 minutes .. put in oven at 350 ... when the oven hit tempature i shut it off and left bars inside for 30 mins or so ... i did this a few times ... this made over 50 bars .. and it's awesome food . going to be bring it with me to the club for before and after each workout

Sounds like a good idea, I would split the classes up but I'm at University and doing the classes there (so awesome that a university has a BJJ, Judo and Kickboxing club), for some reason all the clubs do it on Tuesday, which in a way works as a kind of cardio. But yeah, thanks for the recipe.

How many days a week do you train like this? If you don't take care of yourself it's going to lead (or already has) to over training.

that is not overtraining. If you get to the point where you dont feel good or are just to tired to train then take a day or two off otherwise keep working hard. And mix some bcaa's with water and sip on that instead of just water. After the class drink a gatoraid mixed whey then eat a good meal with lean meat and slow digesting carbs

that is not overtraining. If you get to the point where you dont feel good or are just to tired to train then take a day or two off otherwise keep working hard. And mix some bcaa's with water and sip on that instead of just water. After the class drink a gatoraid mixed whey then eat a good meal with lean meat and slow digesting carbs

If he only trained once a week like that maybe. But if he is training 4-6 days a week like this, then it is over training.

Back