Best thing I have ever tasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this stuff good to take as a meal replacement if you are dropping weight? It seems to have a lot of fat.

It'll clearly say that supplements(a warning should be in the label) of this kind aren't to be used for weight losing purposes. What you need are meal replacements which MM isn't.

Wow guys.... I just gotta thank you all for pimpin out Muscle Milk. I order my first tub of it and got it yesterday and I freakin love it. Strawberry Bananna baby.... it tastes amazing!
Just curious though - I know it tastes great, but does anyone have any positive results from downing this stuff every day? - good gains?

oooh, I have not yet tried the Peanut Butter Chocolate.. but damn that sounds good.

I usually drink Cookies and Creame, and I don't like the Damn Chocolate Carmel Pecan.. puke.. has a "Tangy" taste to it.

okay now i'm seeing this meal replacment thing i worry a bit.

i'm currentlyl using optimum nutrion 100% whey gold standard - double rich chocolate flavor.

it is exactly like chocolate milk when used in milk.

however, i'm worried that it may be in appropriate for weight loss.

how does one tell if a protein shake is good for weightloss, and should i avoid musclemilk for weightloss?

It clearly says this product isn't for weightloss on the front of it. Its a supplement(meaning you have to eat) for those who want the best results from their work out. If you're taking these supplements as a replacement while not doing anything, its kinda pointless, infact its dangerous. These supplements contain high amounts of protein and MM has a high potassium, too much can be dangerous, so if you aren't working out, you better off w/o it. If you want, get the MEAL REPLACEMENT, its called that for a reason, don't take supplements as Meal replacements unless its called one.

MM has a BURN FAT because it promotes lean muscle growth while avoiding bad fats, yes you lose weight, but this aint ephedra where you take and lose for nothing.

The MM Cytogainer is a meal replacement right? And would anyone using it recommend the stuff?

Its a weight gainer, you take it w/ food to meet the absurd amount of calories you'll need to gain weight rapidly. There are meal replacements out there specifically for meal replacement. Just shop around, it usually says "Meal Replacement" on it if it is.

I see lots of people talking good things about muscle milk. Shit, I wanna try that stuff too, never tryed any proteins in my entire life. Does anybody know if this stuff is already in Europe or near Estonia? All the proteins that are being sold here are such shit, all thoes bodybuilders made does products them self and they taste like garbage, thats what are people telling who tryed it.

Fuck man, everything I learned about Estonia I learned in "Encino Man."

Also, Muscle Milk isn't just a protein. Everyone seems to overlook that. It's protein and MCT's (a special type of saturated fat).

Madmick said:
Fuck man, everything I learned about Estonia I learned in "Encino Man."

Also, Muscle Milk isn't just a protein. Everyone seems to overlook that. It's protein and MCT's (a special type of saturated fat).
Thanks for adding some information. I appreciate that. So what did you learn about estonia then? :D

Right now i got the MetRx Protein Plus. Its the best tasting stuff i've found so far but it has aspartame. Is therre aspartame in Muscle Mile. Also, how much creatine is in muscle milk? how will it affect me? I've never taken creatine and some people have told me its not good for you.

Ok guys. I bought some MM purely because of the rave reviews it was getting here.
I don't think I'm as impressed with it as you all are. Don't get me wrong, it's by far not the worst I've tried, but it's not the best either.
I just got the regular chocolate, and was surprised when I opened up the container. It was like some Betty Crocker cake mix! And it tasted like that too. Now, I'm an official sweet-tooth, but this stuff was actually a bit too much. It was hard to choke it all down.
Then when I looked at the serving suggesting I noticed that you need two full scoops of the stuff. The product I was using before had more protein per serving. One can would last you a month. This stuff will only last half that time.
Overall, I'd say there's better products out there.
Oddly enough the best I've tried overall was a cheap impulse purchase from GNC. The packaging is pretty generic looking black-and-grey. I can't even remember exactly what it's called. Starts with an "A".
That stuff tasted great, mixed well, and had more protein per serving.
I'd be tempted to try a different flavor of MM just to see if I have a different experience, but the fact that you have to consume more of it (= more $) turns me off a bit.
I'd be curious to hear some of everybodys side-by-side comparisons with other protein drinks.

I noticed that Muscle Milk has a very high amount of saturated fat and calories in addition to the protein. Can someone in the know please clarify whether this is a "supplement" in the take-anytime sense or is it a meal replacement kind of deal?

Right now I'm using Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold, vanilla flavor. It's the 3rd five-pound tub of it I've bought in a row, since I like it so much. Each scoop is about 24g protein, 3g carbs, 1.5 g fat, and 120 calories. I take it several times a day, it's delicious. I mix it with non-fat milk and PB, milk and Kool-Aid (like a strawberry milkshake), or with orange Gatorade (orange-and-cream, delicious!).

illmental said:
Thanks for adding some information. I appreciate that. So what did you learn about estonia then? :D
That it's where Americans assume cavemen are from, LOL.

Nothing, man. I was trying to tell you I know nothing about your country. I'm sure we covered some basic history in high school, but those tidbits went up in a haze of smoke not long after graduation. Seriously, you know the last time I was stopped in a coffee shop and had a riveting conversation about Estonia?

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not saying Estonia isn't just as beautiful (or more) in every way than the USA, I just have no incentive currently to know anything about it.

Feel free to enlighten me. I am a curious person, but time is limited where curiosity is not, and I have priorities. For now, you have my attention.

deadlyshaolin said:
I noticed that Muscle Milk has a very high amount of saturated fat and calories in addition to the protein. Can someone in the know please clarify whether this is a "supplement" in the take-anytime sense or is it a meal replacement kind of deal?

Right now I'm using Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold, vanilla flavor. It's the 3rd five-pound tub of it I've bought in a row, since I like it so much. Each scoop is about 24g protein, 3g carbs, 1.5 g fat, and 120 calories. I take it several times a day, it's delicious. I mix it with non-fat milk and PB, milk and Kool-Aid (like a strawberry milkshake), or with orange Gatorade (orange-and-cream, delicious!).
Well, about 40% of the saturated fat is MCT's, and that's a long subject, but I've posted on it before. If the search is re-enabled, search for my name and MCT's (although those threads were relatively old for this forum, they were probably deleted). I've never been able to successfully categorize Muscle Milk, it's something of an anytime-type powder, but I've recently decided that if you add oats or wheat germ or some other low-GI carb to it that it makes a wonderful meal replacement.

Oh yeah, Shaolin, if you're not trying to gain weight (just keep your protein high to prevent catabolism), then stick with the pure whey.

BTW, you used the term "anytime" in a context that reminds me of followers of Precision Nutrition. You own it? You a fan of Berardi, too? This forum really got me turned on to his stuff.

Madmick said:
Well, about 40% of the saturated fat is MCT's, and that's a long subject, but I've posted on it before. If the search is re-enabled, search for my name and MCT's (although those threads were relatively old for this forum, they were probably deleted). I've never been able to successfully categorize Muscle Milk, it's something of an anytime-type powder, but I've recently decided that if you add oats or wheat germ or some other low-GI carb to it that it makes a wonderful meal replacement.

HOw much oats.....like 1/2 a cup? 1 cup?..... per how much milk and scoops of MM?

Back