Best TDD: Penn or Barboza?

You mean someone like Edgar, Mendes or Lamas? Or would you require Aldo go back in time to face Hughes and GSP (two WWs) in order to be convinced?

Even after all this time, Penn fans are still the fucking worst (next to Jones fans, of course).

What he's saying while those guys are good with their wrestling, competitively speaking Hughes, GSP, Sherk, Fitch are better

Stop being a condescending fuck, Ferg is a State Champion and National Champion wrestler in his college days. No shame in getting taken down by him

Lol. Pretty sure what he said was relevant to the conversation. Bj penn stiffled better wrestlers than ferguson

You mean someone like Edgar, Mendes or Lamas? Or would you require Aldo go back in time to face Hughes and GSP (two WWs) in order to be convinced?

Even after all this time, Penn fans are still the fucking worst (next to Jones fans, of course).

Penn is proven against more, bigger and better wrestlers. Aldo is not clearly better, as you suggested. That is my point.

That wasn't a legit takedown. aldo I believe was throwing a kick and missed or hominick caught then took aldo down. but hominick didn't just take him down. Aldo stayed there, cause there was only a minute left in the fight and he had dominated every second up till that point...

It doesn't matter what he was doing at the time. Lol. He got taken down. Albeit, he was sick and tired.

Aldo's TDD against Edgar in their last fight was probably the best display we've ever witnessed in the octogon.

Penn's performances in his fights with GSP and Hughes probably get the silver medal (even though they did manage to get him down once in a while).

And then GSP's own TDD probably rounds out the podium for bronze.

He had a severely underrated takedown game too.

In the first Edgar fight, he went 2/3 in take downs.

He was 2/3 against Fitch.

He didn't go for it much but he got it when he went for it.
Yeah I was shocked when he took down Fitch

Ill go Aldo and then Penn

Aldos TDD against Edgar last fight was insane. Frankie was timing his shots perfectly too and still had no chance

Stop being a condescending fuck, Ferg is a State Champion and National Champion wrestler in his college days. No shame in getting taken down by him
lol... I'm sure bj would have been taken down by you Tony

Aldo is the TDD GOAT. BJ Penn is #2.

Aldo has the best TDD in MMA history.

Lol Edson got taken down/subbed by fucking tony ferguson

Bullshit. Fergeson rocked him with an elbow and Barboza dove for a takedown and got sprawled on by the guy with one of the best front headlocks in the sport.

Prime and Motivated Penn has better TDD when not tired or outsized or has the speed disadvantage or using that tippy toed stance in the first round.

Back