Best TDD of all time?

Meh never thought of Kos as an elite wrestler, he is a very good wrestler, I never was impressed with him.

I think in certain aspects of wrestling Kos is much better then fitch but I was never impressed. Fitch to me is good but I guess it is to interpretation.

Kos has much better wrestling credentials than Fitch, better than the vast majority of MMA actually.

IMO the correct answer must be Jones. I just can't vote against a guy who has never been taken down. You can say that people don't commit to shooting against him, I say it's because they are afraid of what will happen if they do.

After that, it's clearly GSP. Like the others have said, no fighter in history has had their TDD so thoroughly tested. GSP has gone through a murderers row of grapplers and dominated in them all phases.

That's a silly metric to use when determining best TDD, and he hasn't had to deal with all that many takedown attempts by good wrestlers yet

uh, wut?

shane carwin isn't a good wrestler? Couldn't take him down one time, spent an entire fight trying.

GSP. He stuffs D1 wrestler take-downs and makes it look easy.

I'm not sure if GSP has ever been taken down in mma, but if he has, than I would say probably Jon Jones. The only time Jones has been on his back (at least in the UFC) is when he PULLED GUARD lol, like against Rampage and Rashad. And he's faced some pretty good wrestlers like Shad, Hamill, and let's see if his streak of not being taken down continues against Chael unless Jon gets injured.

Hell you could argue Matt Serra technically took him down like twice by dropping him right? lol. Maybe even Condit once.

Chael's also a pressure fighter which isn't good for lanky fighters like Jones or Anderson because he doesn't give them enough time or space to work and get their range. He bum rushes them and throws them off their game early which gives him the advantage.

Yeah Cheal chains take-downs very well and is indeed a pressure fighter with good power and doubles.

But I am guessing that Jones will be more then likely looking for that initial take down so it should be a good war. I am actually looking forward to this one because cheal has to actually clinch with Jones so I want to see what Cheal can do inside Jones clinch and vice versa.

I also would love to see what Cormier can do against jones as well.

Shane Carwin couldn't take Frank Mir down either. And no, he didn't try the entire fight

ha ha ha! quit trolling. The Mir/Carwin fight lasted about 2 minutes, had one takedown attempt where Mir got pushed up against the cage, and ended with frank unconscious from punches in said clinch.

So what was Carwin doing in the JDS fight? Practicing his superman dive multiple times per round?

Machida has great TDD, doesn't allow his opponents to even get a hold of his leg. I know he got taken down, but 90% of the time he makes wrestlers look retarded.

Jones via never being taken, as many have said.

GSP has a larger body of work, a larger reign, and he's fought the more accomplished MMA wrestlers I think.

Honorable mentions to Chuck, Lyoto, BJ, and Cigano.

Kos has much better wrestling credentials than Fitch, better than the vast majority of MMA actually.

IMO the correct answer must be Jones. I just can't vote against a guy who has never been taken down. You can say that people don't commit to shooting against him, I say it's because they are afraid of what will happen if they do.

After that, it's clearly GSP. Like the others have said, no fighter in history has had their TDD so thoroughly tested. GSP has gone through a murderers row of grapplers and dominated in them all phases.

We cant forget about Hughes who is another elite wrestler who GSP has faced.

He indeed has face a murders row in terms of very good wrestlers.

Machida has great TDD, doesn't allow his opponents to even get a hold of his leg. I know he got taken down, but 90% of the time he makes wrestlers look retarded.

Everyone will get taken down at some point. GSP has been taken down, by Koscheck and others.

It may be that JBJ hasn't been taken down yet, and even though his TDD and wrestling are awesome, give it time it will happen.

ha ha ha! quit trolling. The Mir/Carwin fight lasted about 2 minutes, had one takedown attempt where Mir got pushed up against the cage, and ended with frank unconscious from punches in said clinch.
Mir/Carwin lasted just under 4 minutes and the majority of it was Carwin pressing Mir against the fence, trying (and failing) to get a takedown

Carwin had a couple attempts against JDS, then got his face blasted into pizza, and spent the rest of the fight half conscious trying

Carwin went for a grand total of 2 takedown attempts against JDS in the first round (actually succeeding briefly with the 2nd), before getting absolutely clobbered. The 2nd round he did not go for one takedown. The 3rd round had him go for one takedown (and succeed). did you even watch the fights?

Mir/Carwin lasted just under 4 minutes and the majority of it was Carwin pressing Mir against the fence, trying (and failing) to get a takedown

Carwin had a couple attempts against JDS, then got his face blasted into pizza, and spent the rest of the fight half conscious trying

Carwin went for a grand total of 2 takedown attempts against JDS in the first round (actually succeeding briefly with the 2nd), before getting absolutely clobbered. the rest of the fight he tried to strike. did you even watch the fights?

ha ha ha! stop it... that's too funny.

ha ha ha! stop it... that's too funny.

go ahead, name all the takedown attempts from Shane/JDS fight that I missed. I have the fight, I can take screencaps :icon_chee

better yet, why don't i just send you the fight since you've clearly never seen it

Back