Best takedown artists outside of UFC?

Tokoloko

Czech MMA on the rise!
@purple
Reaction score
I will start with most hated Czech fighter Karlos "Terminator" Vémola (27-6-0)
from last 20 matches only two loses 1x with Jack Hermansson - UFC contract fight and 1x with Attila Végh (former Bellator champ)- Vemola went into fight with arm injury he was on 12 fight win streak and there was again big chance for Vemola to get contract from UFC for win over Attila Végh unfortunately he freezed and got literally destroyed)
his standup is bad but his Takedowns something incredible! Just imagine that his natural weightclass should be 84 kg but he throwing bigger/heavier LHWS as nothing

Vémola vs Frankenstein

Ali Bagov is the dude that springs to mind first.

Also Ali Isaev.

Bagov got shut down pretty badly against Townsend. Though I'd still put him higher than Vemola.

Kerimov to date has looked pretty unstoppable. Though if we're going based on artistry, we should probably just go with Natan Schulte.

Kayla Harrison deserves a mention. I know she doesn't have the best competition, but I can't imagine any women stopping her throws and takedowns.

Ali Bagov at LW seems pretty unstoppable. A hulkish strength-advantage mixed with some wrestling chops. AAA is a pretty damn great wrestler himself and Bagov could just throw him around for 2 rounds.

Magomed Magamedov has outwrestled everyone he faced, only getting reliably stuffed in his second Yan fight. Though many times it's as much his persistency that does it as his potency with takedowns.

Christian Lee honestly has a pretty great takedown game himself.

Kerimov to date has looked pretty unstoppable. Though if we're going based on artistry, we should probably just go with Natan Schulte.

It is pretty impressive how Schulte has managed to get his takedowns working against such a wide slew of people. He's really made the uniqueness of his judo-game work for him. Though against certain opponents it becomes more of a question of grinding them down into takedowns than using takedowns to grind them (Rashid or Loik)

Bagov got shut down pretty badly against Townsend. Though I'd still put him higher than Vemola.

Vemola went through too many injuries already.. broken arm from match with hermansson

Vemola is not best outside of UFC iam sure about it too .. reason? his greediness he like money so he fight too often literally he wants fight every month thats reason why he fights in LHW and no MW .. in my opinion if he stays only in mw and have +- 3 fights per year he is already back in UFC but tons of matches with screws in spine and x time operated arm is big issue it limiting his standup so much u can see his movement struggle but iam sure he will get mw title in Oktagon and he will eventually beat Attila Végh in LHW to revenge himself But back to paint Vemola definitely deserves honorable mention here bcs his takedowns are deadly weapon and he is for sure one of bests outside of UFC

Vemola went through too many injuries already.. broken arm from match with hermansson

Vemola is not best outside of UFC iam sure about it too .. reason? his greediness he like money so he fight too often literally he wants fight every month thats reason why he fights in LHW and no MW .. in my opinion if he stays only in mw and have +- 3 fights per year he is already back in UFC but tons of matches with screws in spine and x time operated arm is big issue it limiting his standup so much u can see his movement struggle but iam sure he will get mw title in Oktagon and he will eventually beat Attila Végh in LHW to revenge himself But back to paint Vemola definitely deserves honorable mention here bcs his takedowns are deadly weapon and he is for sure one of bests outside of UFC
Dude, you have Jiri to get behind. Vemola is a complete fucking bust. Get over him!

Dude, you have Jiri to get behind. Vemola is a complete fucking bust. Get over him!
Never...without Vemola MMA in Czech still sucks he is guy who made MMA popular in Czech and he is guy which helps to 99 % of Czech fighters... just ask Mach Muradov or David Dvořák

Vemola had some hype coming into his ufc debut and if I recall correctly, one of lesnars death clutch teammates wrestled him to death and Karlos lost a lopsided decision

think it was tuscherer

Darrion Caldwell or Soren Bak

Back