Best takedown against much larger opponents?

Low single, duck unders etc. Something where you're not trying to move his weight around too much but rather move around his weight... If that makes sense.

Edit: Holt already basically said this but much better.

He has to respect your hands for feints/fakes to work, if he thinks your strikes are the same as getting touched by his wife each night, it won't work. Sell it well.

I think the natural defence for someone when they get are threatened to the body is to drop their hands, would that not just make it easier for the the overhand to land? Also I tend to find that taller fighters have their hands lower anyway, making the overhand even easier

Best way of quickly taking the back standing?
Also if I have his back standing, would it be a good idea to just jump and throw my hooks in and look for the rnc?
Arm drag
Do what you need to, to win.

I think the natural defence for someone when they get are threatened to the body is to drop their hands, would that not just make it easier for the the overhand to land? Also I tend to find that taller fighters have their hands lower anyway, making the overhand even easier
There's nothing wrong with jab -> overhand, its a successful combo, you just need to sell the jab. He's a big guy as well, if he doesn't train he's even more likely to not respect or fear anyone smaller than him (lifting bro culture)

Throw by, duck under, sweep single.

On a tangential note, does anyone have a gif of that trip yoel did on weedman? That one was pretty baller.

Arm drag
Do what you need to, to win.

There's nothing wrong with jab -> overhand, its a successful combo, you just need to sell the jab. He's a big guy as well, if he doesn't train he's even more likely to not respect or fear anyone smaller than him (lifting bro culture)

Thanks for the advice bro, but I don't understand this whole concept of not fearing or respecting my hands. If he doesnt fear my punching ability won't that make it even easier for me to hit him and do damage? Surely because he is so confident that I cant hurt him he will leave his chin out and expose himself to big shots? That would make it even easier for me to rock him with the overhand

Thanks for the advice bro, but I don't understand this whole concept of not fearing or respecting my hands. If he doesnt fear my punching ability won't that make it even easier for me to hit him and do damage? Surely because he is so confident that I cant hurt him he will leave his chin out and expose himself to big shots? That would make it even easier for me to rock him with the overhand
You never spared trying to set up a big strike? You throw something heavy, they'll see it and will block or avoid it. If they don't fear or know your set up is bs (fake jab), they'll eat it to counter you with.. say a straight.

You never spared trying to set up a big strike? You throw something heavy, they'll see it and will block or avoid it. If they don't fear or know your set up is bs (fake jab), they'll eat it to counter you with.. say a straight.

Yes I have sparred and drilled my overhand right many times and it is extremely fast, however even if he eats my punch to counter my plan would be to follow up extremely quickly with a takedown. Maybe a setup similar to woodleys ko of lawler would have worked

but then to avoid taking damage on the feet I would charge in with a takedown similar to what is taught in this video

I highly doubt the overhand right would be blocked or avoided considering he was untrained and it would have been the first strike thrown in the fight (in response to him getting physically aggresive)
A close comparison to what I am talking about would be this video, where the shorter fighter throws the strike, then follows up with a takedown and continues gnp

Thanks for the advice

You're little manlet hands aren't rocking any normal sized men, get real

And to that end, I want more details. I get a whiff of little guy complex from your posts, and people rarely get into verbal altercations without any provocation unless alcohol is involved. Maybe you brought this on yourself and we should be coaching the other guy

A low single would be my first go to move against a bigger fighter

Aha, you could call it little man complex. The guy wanted me to stop using the machine I was on because I had "been on it too long", and he didn't like that I still had 2 sets to go. He then started muttering shit at me under his breath in what I assume was polish or some european language, and when I said "bro calm down" he got aggressive and pushed me, and started calling me bitch and stuff. I could only make out the insults because his english was fucking terrible but there was nothing I could do

Man this exact same thing happened to me today.

I was riding a dirt bike on a gravel road. Out of nowhere a huge arrogant redneck type of guy hurls a massive rock at me. I'm 5'6 130 pounds. He must have been 220 pounds 6'5.

I duck to avoid being hit...and ask him what's it for. He said if you create more dust I'm going to f*king kill you. I said so why can't you ask nicely. Why do you start by trying to injure me. This seemed to rile him even more and he kept cursing and walking closer.

I was quite upset by his arrogance and confidence to throw a rock directly at my face and thought about throwing a rock back.

But I thought there's not much I can do to a guy this size and left. Was quite upset by myself about it though.

But in the end I don't know the guys frame of mind. He could just pull a CCW and start firing.

Man this exact same thing happened to me today.

I was riding a dirt bike on a gravel road. Out of nowhere a huge arrogant redneck type of guy hurls a massive rock at me. I'm 5'6 130 pounds. He must have been 220 pounds 6'5.

I duck to avoid being hit...and ask him what's it for. He said if you create more dust I'm going to f*king kill you. I said so why can't you ask nicely. Why do you start by trying to injure me. This seemed to rile him even more and he kept cursing and walking closer.

I was quite upset by his arrogance and confidence to throw a rock directly at my face and thought about throwing a rock back.

But I thought there's not much I can do to a guy this size and left. Was quite upset by myself about it though.

But in the end I don't know the guys frame of mind. He could just pull a CCW and start firing.

With the right skills you could destroy him. Arm drag to back take, RNC.

Artists dramatization of events:

thats-what-i-would-do-complete.jpg

Last edited:
the Gracie charge--waist grab--buckle has worked well for me against big guys when i was bouncing. i do clinch--inside trip or knee tap against skilled guys in the gym

Best way of quickly taking the back standing?
Also if I have his back standing, would it be a good idea to just jump and throw my hooks in and look for the rnc?
Arm drag. Just use his arm like a stripper pole, swing around and choke him

That was pretty sweet
Shorter chubby kid was like.....let me take my pants off......gotta be comfy......im getting ready to f you up man. Then boom.

Shorter chubby kid was like.....let me take my pants off......gotta be comfy......im getting ready to f you up man. Then boom.
Reminds me of guys in the heavies years back, saying they wear mma gloves + mouthguard when in public for teh streetz, and when things get down, their assailant would know what's up

Aha, you could call it little man complex. The guy wanted me to stop using the machine I was on because I had "been on it too long", and he didn't like that I still had 2 sets to go. He then started muttering shit at me under his breath in what I assume was polish or some european language, and when I said "bro calm down" he got aggressive and pushed me, and started calling me bitch and stuff. I could only make out the insults because his english was fucking terrible but there was nothing I could do

Yeah... throw down for a weight room suplex fight with a juiced up pollack twice your size. It'll be fine.

Back