Best submission in UFC history?

This one was really good.

20130223064804_top.JPG

That was beautiful. I could see what he was going for when he grabbed it, thought, "If he maintains position this is gonna get ugly fast!"

Jones choking out Lyoto broke my heart but it was masterful.

Twister and the calf slicer was nice

If we take level of competition into account, Hughes' Farmaconda over Almeida takes the cake for me. Almeida's a beast on the mat and Hughes put his lights out quick.

I've been pondering this with a friend of mine, and we can't agree. What do you personally think is the "best" submission victory in the UFC? Obviously these things are subjective but we're curious to see what you all think.

My choice is Chan Sung Jung over Garcia, his choice is Frank Mir over Timmeh. What say you?

I've always been a fan of this one...

103113_UFC_Submissions_PI_15_2013103120352417_600_400.JPG

Anthony Pettis over Benson Henderson.

Before that fight people called Benson "Gumby" and thought that he would never be submitted in the UFC. People were saying that Benson would beat Pettis with his wrestling the same way Clay Guida did.

Pettis locked in an armbar, Benson defended it correctly, and then Pettis switched it up, all in the first 30 seconds of a rematch, when the first fight went all 25 minutes.

If we take level of competition into account, Hughes' Farmaconda over Almeida takes the cake for me. Almeida's a beast on the mat and Hughes put his lights out quick.
I'm not sure. Almeida was rocked badly when he got that slapped on.

Taking the level of competition into account, I'd go with Sakuraba's armbar on Conan Silveira. Unknown pro-wrestler with only a single fight (and a work, no less), submitts a much bigger, more experienced high level grappler. All done by pure grappling as well. No softening up the guy with strikes first.

005sakurabagetshisrevengewithanarmbarintherematch-noquestionthistime3.jpg

2nbrjmf.gif

Whole package imo. Takedown transition and sub in on fluent motion. Plus it's always fun to see Chael get caught in another triangle...

This came to my mind.
that Clarke one was sick also.

Back