Best sub grappler out of:

i hate to say it but rickson gracie. i actually wonder how much him and roger train togather and how the rolling goes

nick889 said:
i hate to say it but rickson gracie. i actually wonder how much him and roger train togather and how the rolling goes

they have never trained together. roger trains out of renzo's in new york for no-gi matches.

Marcelo Garica, he's got the best technique and mat intelligence..

Beside Rickson they have all fought in adcc and the reason he is on the list instead of someone like Roger or Royler is because most of the gracie's say rickson is the best, and i know there is some age difference between them but i just wanted to know peolpe opinon on who they felt was the best.

Escabar said:
Who do you think is the best submission grappler out of the following?
1. Mario Sperry
2. Rickson Gracie
3. Dean Lister
4. JJ Machado
5. Marcelo Garcia

I see people almost intentionally avoiding Rickson because his name is practically household. Like his celebrity or not, Rickson is a legend. I just read an article on him from GrappleArts, explaining why he's so good at Jiu-Jitsu. Rickson Gracie has an unbelievable approach to and understanding of Jiu-Jitsu. http://www.grapplearts.com/Rickson-Gracie-Exploring-Genius.htm
Check out that article.

yankspanker said:
Sperry. Kerr should be in the list too.

Is Kerr really good at submissions? I mean, I know you have to be "good" at submissions to fight in Pride, but I mean good compared to other fighters. I know he fought in ADCC, but I never got a chance to see the match. Did he just go for position, or did he actually tap guys?

Iceman5592 said:
Is Kerr really good at submissions? I mean, I know you have to be "good" at submissions to fight in Pride, but I mean good compared to other fighters. I know he fought in ADCC, but I never got a chance to see the match. Did he just go for position, or did he actually tap guys?

his match's in adcc are similar to arona he mostly won via points that why i did not put either of them on the list.

Iceman5592 said:
I see people almost intentionally avoiding Rickson because his name is practically household. Like his celebrity or not, Rickson is a legend. I just read an article on him from GrappleArts, explaining why he's so good at Jiu-Jitsu. Rickson Gracie has an unbelievable approach to and understanding of Jiu-Jitsu. http://www.grapplearts.com/Rickson-Gracie-Exploring-Genius.htm
Check out that article.

Interesting article. Speaking from personal experience, the man sure has a very strong presence.

kerr was real well in adcc i believe he only lost 1 match in 3 years or so off hand cant remember I know on the best of adcc he dominated josh barnett passing gaurd,mounting and taking down over and over.

kerr dominated mario sperry in adcc icant remember when though. he wud control mario wiht pinning techs and he wud rarely go for subs but mario looked like a young kid rolling with kerr.

Hard to say but I would still go with Rickson.

johil d'o said:
These guys are all of (1) different eras, (2) weight classes, (3) gi vs. no gi, etc.

Impossible to compare for sure. But I think pure grappling, more BB's have said that Rickson is hands down the best.

i agree, itd be so hard to say who's the best cuz of the diff factors(era, weight, etc..). for sure these guys are the shit tho.. no doubt.

johil d'o said:
These guys are all of (1) different eras, (2) weight classes, (3) gi vs. no gi, etc.

Impossible to compare for sure. But I think pure grappling, more BB's have said that Rickson is hands down the best.

They're all gi AND no-gi fighters...

Back