Best strikers outside of UFC?

TonyK

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Should be an interesting thread :)

Between Lima, Koreshkov, McDonough, and MVP, Bellator's WW division is to strikers what the UFC's is to wrestlers.

Between Lima, Koreshkov, McDonough, and MVP, Bellator's WW division is to strikers what the UFC's is to wrestlers.

Askren

[YT]1x4mWzE1A0c[/YT]

Dat High Kick

mind you, striking will only get you so far in MMA, you need a well rounded game, otherwise prepare to get dry humped for 25 minutes.

Last edited:
Koreshkov, Lima, Gaethje, Banario, Oishi, Kharitonov, Loiseau, Manhoef, Spong, Mamed (he wins most of his fights by sub but his striking is solid).....there's a ton out there

It's is an interesting thread, because as UFC is starting to drop great wrestlers and grapplers for being boring, they are making more of a push to grab great strikers. No longer do I think can UFC can say they exclusively have the best fighters, but they do have a strong hold on most of the best MMA strikers.

^nice post. think you might be right about the best fighters. that said, they have the best fighters that they want.

Spong
Daley
Manhoef
Kharitonov
Moraes
Gaethje
Shlemenko
Khalidov
Lima

surprised no one mentioned michael page yet

Bellator's FW division has three obvious choices that I'm pretty shocked people haven't mentioned yet. When Pat Curran actually takes his craft seriously he's got some of the best boxing in the sport. Patricio Pitbull is well rounded striker as well. He's got great boxing and also kicks and knees when he wants to. Shahbulat Shamhalaev is a treat to watch as well. He's such an unorthodox counter puncher and he has huge power to boot. Just wish he would work on his wrestling and ground game. Marlon Moraes in WSOF is another extremely talented striker. So yeah, those are my picks.

Vusi Colossa best Nak muay to make the transition in mma and Cosmo Alexander

darrill-schoonover.jpg

Can't believe it took till page 2 for someone to mention Cosmo Alexander.

Back