Best striker, Best BJJ guy of all time?

striking is clearly anderson silva
bjj i'd give to werdum

and to the ppl that say mir, have you ever seen him in a grappling comp? pretty sure he lost to renato babalu sobral once..

bjj i'd give to werdum

and to the ppl that say mir, have you ever seen him in a grappling comp? pretty sure he lost to renato babalu sobral once..

By your logic Anderson has no business being the best striker in MMA since he lost to some no-name boxer.

anderson and damian maia is the obvious answer.

Roger is the pure bjj goat though..

id take a "prime" mirko to beat the dog shit out of anderson personally.

bjj, id probably say werdum.

id take a "prime" mirko to beat the dog shit out of anderson personally.

bjj, id probably say werdum.

This, it's crazy how underrated Cro Cop's striking is these days because of his twilight years in UFC and Dream.

This, it's crazy how underrated Cro Cop's striking is these days because of his twilight years in UFC and Dream.

Crocop was an absolute beast in his prime, a stand up battle between him and silva would be ridiculous. Even prime Fedor vs Silva on the feet would be crazy. But this is about accomplishments, and while crocop looked brutal during his pride run, silva has possibly looked even better in his UFC run.

He's outclassed top guys like Vitor, Hendo, Franklin. And hes destroyed some middle tier guys like Okami, Forrest, Leben. He looks like he's in another league, and he's never really been in any trouble on the feet.

Striker: Anderson Silva

BJJ: Frank Mir (How many arms does the guy have to break to get a little respect? lol)

Please, when has Anderson been brutally KO'd like how Cro Cop was against Randleman? He also doesn't rely on one main weapon pretty much.

Striking: Andy. By far.

BJJ: Big Nog

That is just based on results. I know guys like Werdum are better at pure BJJ than Nog, but Nog has the best resume pertaining to MMA.
Mir has better BJJ than Nog. He showed it in the second fight. Just saying

Please, when has Anderson been brutally KO'd like how Cro Cop was against Randleman? He also doesn't rely on one main weapon pretty much.

watch more crocop fights. he didnt rely on one main weapon. that one weapon just happened to be really good.

his hands were as good as his kicks.

watch more crocop fights. he didnt rely on one main weapon. that one weapon just happened to be really good.

his hands were as good as his kicks.

I've watched plenty and high kicks were his main weapon. Of course his hands were good, he was a kickboxer. I'm just saying he wasn't on the level of striking that Anderson is on but then again no one else really is either. Cro Cop is probably the best striker the HW division has seen so far.

bjj i'd give to werdum

The question was asked in the context of MMA? So who is the best MMA striker, who has the best MMA jiu jitsu? So how MIr fares in a grappling competition is immaterial.

For me, Mir and Nog are clearly the two jiu jitsu greats (not dissing Werdum). The tie breaker is that one broke the other one's arm.

i have anderson for striking, and dont think anyone is even close. also like most, bjj is tougher. i think i have to say aoki or nog.

i know mir got nog, so mir has to be up there too, but nog's list of 20+ sub wins is insane (like aoki). thats not the only thing to consider for bjj, but that sure has to play in to it. maia is also an obvious great, but i guess the lengthy resume from the nog and aoki using bjj to finish fights wins it for me.

Last edited:
I've watched plenty and high kicks were his main weapon. Of course his hands were good, he was a kickboxer. I'm just saying he wasn't on the level of striking that Anderson is on but then again no one else really is either. Cro Cop is probably the best striker the HW division has seen so far.

he absolutely was on andersons level.

right, i guess he just needed to only get floored by chael sonnen.....

Floored? Or stumbling back hurt for a second and then recovering and taking 3-4 flush shots without flinching? Cro Cop was left unconscious on the mat. Not even comparable.

getting hit by randleman and getting hit by chael is what is not comparable.

you clearly arent biased either.

getting hit by randleman and getting hit by chael is what is not comparable.

you clearly arent biased either.

Anderson is a middleweight, Cro Cop was a heavyweight.

Cro Cop got KTFO by Kevin Randleman, a fighter with mediocre stand up skills.

Back