Best striker, Best BJJ guy of all time?

Maybe, it would depend on how Mir's gas tank held up under the 10-minute first round. Like I said Nog could maybe catch him with something late if his stamina isn't there, we know Nog wouldn't have ever gassed back then.

If it's pure submission skill vs. pure submission skill I don't think Nog submits Mir. Takes him down and dominates positioning? Probably. He did it to Josh Barnett so I don't see how Mir would've stopped him from doing so. But if a submission comes it will likely be due to fatigue and that's not to say we know for sure that Mir couldn't have handled a hard 20 minute fight with Nog without gassing.

That's a fair response

Striking: Andy. By far.

BJJ: Big Nog

That is just based on results. I know guys like Werdum are better at pure BJJ than Nog, but Nog has the best resume pertaining to MMA.

Werdum is the only man to ever submit Fedor Emelianenko, and the only man to ever submit Alistair Overeem (other than Overeem tapping to strikes once).

Striker: Silva

BJJ: Lauzon

lauzon best of all time? hes amazing but i really wouldnt go that far. he has been submitted before. roger gracie on the other hand has not been submitted in competition since he was a blue belt i think

fc140fmirsubmitanog.gif

Mir's amazing BJJ performance in the biggest fight of his life against the opponent he hated most, an opponent with very limited BJJ knowledge:

lesnar2.jpg

3706056.jpg

capt.b937663733814e05b45c652eb7deda51.mma_ufc_100_nvlas202_large.jpg

Yeah, coz Brock would have been able to do this to prime Nog. Don't make me piss myself laughing, please.

Anderson Silva and Chuck Liddell for striking.

Royce Gracie, Big Nog, and Kazushi Sakuraba for grappling.

Yeah, coz Brock would have been able to do this to prime Nog. Don't make me piss myself laughing, please.

brock would have pounded nogs head through the mat. maybe go watch the gnp little fedor gave him.

About the "agenda" I obviously have:

Nog is one of my favorite fighters and I never liked Mir. But rooting for someone and actually thinking he is the GOAT are totally different things.

I think Mir is better than Nog in BJJ. Both have good submitted top guys, but I see the pure BJJ hability playing a bigger role in Mir's game than in Nog's, who was a more complete fighter, with a chin and heart from another planet and good overall takedowns.

Also, the fact that nog got caught is an evidence of the outstanding BJJ from Mir, who has done a lot in this area. Leben outstriking Wand is just one fight, and even if you could consider this an evidence, it is not enough to prove anything. Your point doesn't make any sense.

About the "agenda" I obviously have:

Nog is one of my favorite fighters and I never liked Mir. But rooting for someone and actually thinking he is the GOAT are totally different things.

I think Mir is better than Nog in BJJ. Both have good submitted top guys, but I see the pure BJJ hability playing a bigger role in Mir's game than in Nog's, who was a more complete fighter, with a chin and heart from another planet and good overall takedowns.

Also, the fact that nog got caught is an evidence of the outstanding BJJ from Mir, who has done a lot in this area. Leben outstriking Wand is just one fight, and even if you could consider this an evidence, it is not enough to prove anything. Your point doesn't make any sense.

this is just awful

nog getting submitted proves that mir>nog, but leben over wand is "just one fight"?

what the fuck lol.

haha big nog on the list and no mir? haters gonna hate.

mir is today the greatest bjj fighter in ufc history.

Submission of the Night (Two times)

Third most wins by submission in UFC history (8)

Most wins by submission in UFC Heavyweight division in history

First and only toe hold finish in UFC history
Fastest submission in UFC Heavyweight division in history (46 seconds)

first one ever to submit big nog.

mir1.jpg

3370152920_8fa33967a9.jpg

565341_4.jpg

^Imo Big Nog has accomplished more with his jiu jitsu than Frank Mir with his in MMA.

this is just awful

nog getting submitted proves that mir>nog, but leben over wand is "just one fight"?

what the fuck lol.

Have you read what I wrote???

- Mir over Nog: an evidence among many others that helps to make the point. The fact that Mir beat Nog twice (nog couldn't put his BJJ to work in 1st and lost in a BJJ battle to a "zombie mir" in 2nd) is a really good evidence. But it would mean nothing if Mir didn't have a career of great submissions.

-Leben over Wandy: yeah, he beat wandy that night... and has never done anything else to make one think he is a striker god.

Is it really that hard to undestand my point? Not asking you to agree with it, I can see why some people would say Nog is better. But the facts can point to both directions.

Have you read what I wrote???

- Mir over Nog: an evidence among many others that helps to make the point. The fact that Mir beat Nog twice (nog couldn't put his BJJ to work in 1st and lost in a BJJ battle to a "zombie mir" in 2nd) is a really good evidence. But it would mean nothing if Mir didn't have a career of great submissions.

-Leben over Wandy: yeah, he beat wandy that night... and has never done anything else to make one think he is a striker god.

Is it really that hard to undestand my point? Not asking you to agree with it, I can see why some people would say Nog is better. But the facts can point to both directions.

so leben has only beaten wandy with strikes? do you see the absolutely ridiculous contradiction there?

lebens career is based off what he did against wand. a chin and ko power.

so leben has only beaten wandy with strikes? do you see the absolutely ridiculous contradiction there?

lebens career is based off what he did against wand. a chin and ko power.

The point in debate was whether saying that Mir submitting Nog could be one fact to support the opinion of him being better than Nog on BJJ.

Then someone said: "hey, so the same can be said on Leben being a better striker than Wandy".

I mentioned that the analogy doesn't make sense and the reason for it. I see you kinda agree on that. I guess you just haven't read the previous posts.

The point in debate was whether saying that Mir submitting Nog could be one fact to support the opinion of him being better than Nog on BJJ.

Then someone said: "hey, so the same can be said on Leben being a better striker than Wandy".

I mentioned that the analogy doesn't make sense and the reason for it. I see you kinda agree on that. I guess you just haven't read the previous posts.

i dont agree with anything you said actually, because it is ridiculous.

Frank Mir definitely belongs on the list, based on how many submission victories he has against some top guys. He is a huge threat to anyone on the ground. But ultimately i would put Big Nog ahead of him, by the smallest margin.

I can't believe people are listing Chuck and Wandy under "greatest strikers". They were successful fighters and I respect them a lot, but they barely had any basic boxing technique. It was still enough to beat some accomplished strikers at their own game though...

Back