Best Star Wars Fan Films

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
@Skarr posted Darth Maul: Apprentice in another thread. I'd seen it before but I forgot just how awesome it is. After seeing that it's 4 years old it got me wondering if other people have made more of these types of films since then so I started looking and sure enough, there are a ton out there.

I've started going down the rabbit hole and found that some of them are very poor quality, some are mixed, and some are excellent.

I figured we should have a thread to rate them so we don't all have waste our time wading through the crappy ones.

So first off, the one that sparked me to go on this hunt:

Darth Maul: Apprentice: Rating 10/10. This is the gold standard of fan films. Everything about it is awesome. Disney should seriously pay the filmmaker a small fee to buy it and put it on Disney + and make it canon.

Remnants of the Order: Rating 2/10. This one doesn't really capture my interest. It's longer than it needs to be and the light saber combat is poorly choreographed. Acting is bad, and if Rey suddenly being a great Jedi with no training bothers you then you will absolutely HATE this ending. Save yourself the time and don't watch this one. It was probably some film student's final project.

Hand of the Empire: Rating 6/10. This one has a decent story and actually features characters that will be familiar to you if you've watched Rebels or read the EU books. And the acting is pretty good for a fan film. Where it falls short is in the filmmaking execution. The CGI and cinematography is mediocre, as are all of the costumes except for the storm troopers. The fight choreography is very poor. Worth watching if you're more into story than action though, and if you're a fan of the cartoon Rebels and EU books.

Dark Jedi: Rating 9/10. This one starts off really bad, and that's the only reason why it didn't get a 10/10 rating. The acting and costumes are terrible at the start, but after about a minute, the lightsabers come out and you're treated to arguably the best fight scene in any star wars ever. It's only 5 minutes long so you don't have to invest a ton of time. Seriously watch this one. It's great. You'll be wishing that this was the fight scene between Rey and Kylo so the new trilogy would've had at least one watchable moment.

Clicked on each one and saw lots of Lightsaber fights and lots of pew pew pew

Is that all Star Wars is?

I did watch one linked from here a while back of numerous Jedi and Darth Maul and the girl was very pretty and turns out she did fully nude scenes but without beaver showing (not in fan film, but other movies). Svenja Jung.

Bucketheads: Rating 7/10. It's like a day in the life of a storm trooper. No jedi here. Always interesting to see some humanity put into the storm trooper characters. The ones that came after the clones.

Dark Legacy. Rating 9/10. Very well shot and excellent use of music to build tension. I like this one because it proves that you don't need to be an acrobatic martial arts master to perform a good light saber fight.

Back