best stand up martial art

lparnes

White Belt
Reaction score
what do you guys think are the best stand up striking martial art, ex. karate, kung fu, muay thai, boxing... ect. so what do you guys think the best ones are. if you think all are te same and it matters about the practition the tell me what art you do.

{grabs popcorn}
I won't say it's the 'best' but my favourite sport is boxing.
I predict MT will get the most votes, and not without good reason.

Mexican Judo because Judo know if I got a knife, Judo know if I got a gun.

There's no best, but Muay Thai is the most adaptable for most athletes. It's uses many of the legal strikes allowed in MMA.

If you just want to learn something for fun or to dick around with your friends then any one will do as well or worse than the other.

If you're planning on fighting as an amateur or a professional then Muay Thai is the only answer. Ask any fighter.

If you just want to learn something for fun or to dick around with your friends then any one will do as well or worse than the other.

If you're planning on fighting as an amateur or a professional then Muay Thai is the only answer. Ask any fighter.

Boxing.

Even Sanda is better for MMA than MT.

Boxing.

Even Sanda is better for MMA than MT.

The thread title says best stand up not best martial art for MMA.

Take away the throws and takedowns from Sanda and it's not better than MT.

The thread title says best stand up not best martial art for MMA.

Take away the throws and takedowns from Sanda and it's not better than MT.

There's takedowns and throws in Muay Thai, but since hip throws made the clinch obsolete they had to ban it in MT. if you're going to allow grappling, then at least it make it fair. Grappling is a part of stand up MMA. Sanda > MT.

There's takedowns and throws in Muay Thai, but since hip throws made the clinch obsolete they had to ban it in MT. if you're going to allow grappling, then at least it make it fair. Grappling is a part of stand up MMA. Sanda > MT.

There are no takedowns or throws in Muay Thai. There are sweeps which are very rule specific but they are not hip throws.

And since when is grappling considered any part of stand up fighting?

There are no takedowns or throws in Muay Thai. There are sweeps which are very rule specific but they are not hip throws.

And since when is grappling considered any part of stand up fighting?

There aren't takedowns, but there are throws. There used to be "hip throws" but they banned it due to the throws dominating in the clinch. MT has grappling, it's just modified.

There aren't takedowns, but there are throws. There used to be "hip throws" but they banned it due to the throws dominating in the clinch. MT has grappling, it's just modified.

Okay, you call it grappling I call it clinching, same difference I guess.

sry for the confusion but i consider mt to have clinch not takedowns.

what i was talking bout stand up i ment striking, not grappling.

No confusion on my part. I knew what you meant. That's why there are seperate and specific forums for both.

BBQ seems to be the only one not getting it.

its on how you use the stand up technique against your opponent!

Back