1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Best sparring gloves?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by toastyy, May 5, 2008.

1. FullContact.com Yellow Belt

Like a good orgasm... YES YES YES. Most people end up learning this the hard way. I was included here.

Now on to the gloves... I spend time at Ringside/Combat Sports on a somewhat regular basis, so I get to try out their gear whenever I would like. The single pair that I have come to love are the Ringside Gel Shock Safety Training Gloves. I've had a lot of sparring gloves on my hands, but I have never loved a pair as much as these. They have a real nice fit and are real easy on the hands. I've been told that the only thing people don't like about them is the suede leather on the thumb. Never bothered me though.

And if you've spent any time talking to those guys, they rave about the Ultimate Classic series. I still have yet to try on the gloves, so perhaps I'll do that today. I believe they come with a warranty as well.

Full Contact Outlet

2. POINT312 Blue Belt

just get some grant campeons for sparring

3. mvisit1 Blue Belt

I wish Grant made their Pro Training Gloves in hook & loop

4. James Funaro Amateur Fighter

Does anyone have the Ultimate Classics in stock? I want the hok and loop trainer but I see all the sites are out of stock.

5. FullContact.com Yellow Belt

Combat Sports still has some of the 18oz. in stock. I have to roll up to Ringside on Monday, I'll see if I can't get an answer on when they're expected to be back in.

6. ClampXVII Bravado Muay Thai Trainer

the 18oz. ripped on my partner 3 different times and Grant sent his his 4th pair that have already ripped on mitts and bag work. Shoddy lining. He's a professional fighter so he hits hard but it's silly that it's failed him 4 times.

7. btw if your sparring partner is pissing you off switch to cleto reyes then he will not annoy you lol

8. James Funaro Amateur Fighter

Yeah I only found the 18oz at various places. Looking for the 16oz.

Thanks for the info.

9. POINT312 Blue Belt

wow never heard of them failing i use mine for sparring and my fairtexs for bag,mitt work i love the way those grants fit..

10. FullContact.com Yellow Belt

Yeah, this is somewhat true with the Grants... I went through Ringside/Combat Sports returns pile (it's huge btw and I sometimes will sell a good return on ebay), and there were a lot of Grant gloves with lining problems. I'm not sure if they were part of a certain batch or what the deal is... but it's hit or miss with them.

Full Contact Outlet

11. ClampXVII Bravado Muay Thai Trainer

yeah he's getting tired of always having to go to the post office to return them.

12. POINT312 Blue Belt

thats strange i have had 2 pairs with no problems but thats not what you would expect from them...

13. Bwaiirr White Belt

I'm having the same problem choosing my sparring gloves. I've been looking at Fairtex's for a while and I've decided that I'm gonna buy them.. But now I can't choose which model to buy. I'm interested in the BGV-1's, BGV-4's and the BGV-5's all in hook and loop. If you guys could give me some info on which one's to get, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, if you could include where I should get them from, I'd appreciate that to.
    Thanks,

Blair <3

14. Mumrik Silver Belt

This is quite an old thread you're digging up...

Most people go for the BGV-1s. They're all over the place. I'm assuming you'll be using them for kickboxing/Muay Thai/MMA? If not, then I wouldn't go with Thai gloves...