Best Scenarios For Each Weight Class

You're confused.

What you're doing is taking one fact and injecting your own theory into it as a fact (because you don't properly remember the original fact)

So I'll set you straight: I didn't REMEMBER who Tompkins was when he died. I said something about that and you and the rest of my stalkers all made sure to write it down in your natman notebooks.

I never said I didn't know who Hominick was. I even remembered him from submitting yves edwards, not to mention his WEC days.

PS: unlike you, i'm much more interested in the other divisions that I discussed. So stop harping on the tiny comments I made about FW when I made way more comments about LHW and HW.
Nice try, bitch.

to add that what I said above, i remember when they first announced he died and were like "the trainer that worked with such fighters as mark hominick and sam stout" ....sam stout..never cared for him...hominick didn't even know he existed until this year
So apparently you watched the WEC yet had no idea who Mark Hominick was until he fought Aldo. Right?

I think I've done a good job killing your credibility, wouldn't you say?

Yet you apparently watched the WEC. :rolleyes:

How the fuck does someone who supposedly watched the WEC know fuck all about the FW division and think Hominick was number two?
I was referring to the post-aldo/hominick hype. After that fight, the majority of sherdog talked about hominick as if he were the rich franklin to aldo's anderson silva. People said he'd get probably 2 more shots but never win and he'd beat every contender that came his way.

So in the general hive mind of sherdog, hominick was the #2 guy. Not sure if he was ranked #2, but that's just how people saw it, and that's what I meant by it.

I hate s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g things out

Popcorn.gif

Nice try, bitch.

hurr durr, nice try stalker fruitcake.

You obviously don't understand the language of sherdog: Hyperbole, exaggeration, and a hefty dash of sarcasm.

I said that about Hominick because I was trying to make a point about... (the trainer's who's name has already slipped my mind)

It's like if I said "and who has jds beat? cain, carwin, crocop? who else? Nelson? Who the fuck's that?"

it's a cut down. I didn't literally mean I didn't know him. I really don't give a shit if you believe that but maybe you know enough about MMA to know that when WEC was around, there wasn't exactly weekly UFC's. So of course I watched them, and saw Hominick's fights against Garcia, and Jabouin, and Caraway, ect ect ect

No seriously dude... stop fucking stalking me. It's getting old. Do you realize, I don't even know your name? Like... on my niece's life, I couldn't spell your username out right now without scrolling up and looking at it. But somehow you way too much about me (or you think you do)

No seriously dude... stop fucking stalking me. It's getting old. Do you realize, I don't even know your name? Like... on my niece's life, I couldn't spell your username out right now without scrolling up and looking at it. But somehow you way too much about me (or you think you do)
You wouldn't have to worry about "stallkers" if you didn't lie so much. Food for thought.

Best scenario: American champion in every division.

So ya like BJ Penn much?

As much as the next guy.

I just think he has a lot left in him but NEEDS the right motivation.

Becoming the first (and prob last) ever three division champ is something that could motivate him, and fights against Zombie, Faber, Aldo and Edgar at 145 would be epic and a great bit of exposure for one of the UFC's struggling weight classes.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at LW but I think he loses to Bendo and Maynard to often.

He's spent so much time talking about his legacy. This is the way for him to enhance it.

Last edited:
Where is top 5 Gustafsson in this equation? And how would Hendo beat Jones and why would the most dominant champ losing to a 42-year old be good for the division?

To answer your questions (in order):

Gus should be in there my bad.

H-Bomb. Really no other way.

Losing to a legend isn't a terrible thing. Avenging that loss would be huge in what is becoming an otherwise stagnant division.

As much as the next guy.

I just think he has a lot left in him but NEEDS the right motivation.

Becoming the first (and prob last) ever three division champ is something that could motivate him, and fights against Zombie, Faber, Aldo and Edgar at 145 would be epic and a great bit of exposure for one of the UFC's struggling weight classes.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at LW but I thin he loses to Bendo and Maynard to often.

He's spent so much time talking about his legacy. This is the way for him to enhance it.

Nice bump, TKJ ;)

Do you think BJ could make 145? I mean, if he could, he would, right?
If he wants a legacy, 3 divisional champion is the best there is.

BJ has already stated he would not fight any Nova Uniao guys, so it rules out the Aldo fight...

The Featherweight scenario was a bit wacky, and no commentary on wmma? haha

The only "wacky" part of the FW scenario is hoping that BJ drops down, something he is fully capable of doing. Outside of that, it is very possible.

I don't know enough about wmma to comment on it right now, but I will say that I see the AuFC buying Invicta in the next couple years and putting Shannon Knapp in the match maker role.

Nice bump, TKJ ;)

Do you think BJ could make 145? I mean, if he could, he would, right?
If he wants a legacy, 3 divisional champion is the best there is.

BJ has already stated he would not fight any Nova Uniao guys, so it rules out the Aldo fight...

Thanks. Hahaha

I do think he could make 145. He was a very average sized LW. The question is, would he be willing to keep it up for an extended period of time? Making it down to 145 for one fight is one thing. Staying in shape to continue to fight at FW is the real question. I think he can do it, but will he.

With that being said, I TOTALLY forgot that he said he wouldn't fight a Nova Uniao guy. I think if it came down to it, he could be talked into it, but this is becoming a lot to ask for.

I still hold out hope that this could happen though!!!

Thanks. Hahaha

I do think he could make 145. He was a very average sized LW. The question is, would he be willing to keep it up for an extended period of time? Making it down to 145 for one fight is one thing. Staying in shape to continue to fight at FW is the real question. I think he can do it, but will he.

With that being said, I TOTALLY forgot that he said he wouldn't fight a Nova Uniao guy. I think if it came down to it, he could be talked into it, but this is becoming a lot to ask for.

I still hold out hope that this could happen though!!!

So do I, man. If he wants this killer legacy, which I personally already think he has, he needs to commit 100% and go where he is best or to FW, like you mentioned.

After all these years, still only lost to 2 guys at LW.

A problem with Penn is money won't talk, he is already rich haha.

I was thinking he goes to LW, fights Gomi a second time, hopefully win and get some confidence back. Then trial a cut to 145 against someone like Koch or even Poirier and go from there. If he doesn't like FW, go back to LW. But he has to come to the realisation that he MUST cut weight to fight. Imagine Penn's power at FW!

My view (BTW BJ at featherweight would be a skeleton in the cage)

FlyW: Johnson beats Dodson and McCall beats Benavidez to set up a third Mighty Mouse/Uncle Creepy fight with McCall winning the belt. Elliot and Gaudinot develop into legit contenders.

BW: Barao holds on to the belt for a while, beating Cruz when/if he ever comes back from injury. Bruce Leeroy continues to develop into a gatekeeper role. Pickett vs. Faber.

FW: Aldo beats Edgar and moves up to 155, setting up a match between Mendes and Zombie (possibly in Japan) for the vacated title. Either winner is good for the division; Zombie is the more dynamic fighter and a good asset for expansion in Asian (and one of my favorite fighters) while Mendes has power both in his hands and grappling. Winner probably gets Edgar.

LW: Pettis edges out Bendo setting up a striking war with Aldo after he moves up. This division doesn't really need much, it takes care of itself with its depth.

WW: GSP reigns, handling Diaz his ass before beating Hendricks in a close fight where he recovers from an early beating. Maybe a move up to MW is Rory continues to dominate.

MW: The Weidman show, honestly I think he has the tools to replicate Chael's strategy and not get subbed. Anderson losing the belt is great for the division and the UFC because it'll cause instant hype and give more freedom for Silva to take on superfights. That being said he's still an underdog if he ever gets the fight. Bisping gets 'sleeped' by Belfort and Rockhold stumbles out of the gate.

LHW: Jones takes out Chael, Gus, and maybe Hendo at the finale show of 2013 in a fighters of the year performance before finally getting the okay to move up to heavyweight where I feel he gets tooled by the power advantage most fighters will have on him. Chael could always pull something crazy with his ability not to be 'awestruck' by a fighter's mystique and an H-bomb could always throw a wrench in the plays but these scenarios seem unlikely to me. Glover continues to develop and eventually fights Gus or Machida for the vacated title. Shogun becomes the official "beat me and you get a title shot" guy.

HW: JDS puts hands on Velazquez again to set up the fight with Overeem assuming he can keep himself clean. Struve and Browne continue to grow and Roy Nelson keeps slowly trimming away at the gut and sharpening his striking. Big Nog calls it a career after a thrilling fight with Werdum.

^If Anderson loses, I don't think they could even make a superfight work...

Back