Best rivalries that never resulted in fights?

Antagonism, verbal sparring, mutual dislike, hostility, competition.

They never crossed paths in any meaningful event, never spoke I'll of one another, and really never in any way set sights on one another. Randy did of course want to compete with Fedor to test himself, but it was amicable and professional. There was never any hype generated by Fedor on this potential matchup and the two never even engaged in a face-off

ri·val·ry
ˈrīvəlrē/
noun
  1. competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.
    "commercial rivalry"
Also Fedor never generated hype against anyone not named CroCop
also
Media_Day_-FaceOFfs2.00_00_13_17.Still001.0.0.0.0.jpg

For a commercial, but still - there was huge buzz around this fight during the Affliction days, even by fringe figures of the sport like Mark Cuban, and fans on the message boards engaged in debate about it a shitload when it looked like it might come to pass. It was a lawsuit that stopped it

If you're defining rivalry as a purely antagonistic relationship, then sure. But that's now how I'm defining it, and that's not really the definition of the word anyway

ri·val·ry
ˈrīvəlrē/
noun
  1. competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.
    "commercial rivalry"
Also Fedor never generated hype against anyone not named CroCop
also
Media_Day_-FaceOFfs2.00_00_13_17.Still001.0.0.0.0.jpg

For a commercial, but still - there was huge buzz around this fight during the Affliction days, even by fringe figures of the sport like Mark Cuban, and fans on the message boards engaged in debate about it a shitload when it looked like it might come to pass. It was a lawsuit that stopped it

If you're defining rivalry as a purely antagonistic relationship, then sure. But that's now how I'm defining it, and that's not really the definition of the word anyway

I'm not denying that the potential fight was an exciting rumor. I was hoping to see it even more than Fedor vs Barnett. Nonetheless, they never fought, so your own response of the definition of rivalry is a moot point. They never "competed for the same objective" (winning or securing a title) because they never fought, let alone even competed for the same organization.

Apology not profuse enough, don't accept TS
You know what then? Fuck all of you shertards. Fuck this site and fuck MMA. I am a 40 year old virgin with a 2 inch penis I cant get hard. The only reason I come is because likes make me feel good about myself. I need a safe place. I love you sherdog but I cant take the ridicule and shame anymore.

I'm not denying that the potential fight was an exciting rumor. I was hoping to see it even more than Fedor vs Barnett. Nonetheless, they never fought, so your own response of the definition of rivalry is a moot point. They never "competed for the same objective" (winning or securing a title) because they never fought, let alone even competed for the same organization.
wait what?
I can't tell the point you're making
are you trying to make the point that competition in MMA is strictly from an infight perspective? Like fighter and X and Y can't be competing to make it to a title shot, or to get a super fight, or to be recognized by fans as the best in the world etc etc without actually fighting? Because if so that's silly (especially the final case, considering that was an explicitly stated motivation for some MMA fighters during the Pride UFC days), and you're boiling down what fighters may or may not compete for into one thing "winning or securing a title".

If that's the assertion you're making, that's so silly that the hypothetical in general is pretty much lost on you and discussion is pointless, the entire point is that none of these fighters never actually fought each other. So I guess in your narrow definition, no Randy/Fedor never had a rivalry, even if with the actual definition they did.

You know what then? Fuck all of you shertards. Fuck this site and fuck MMA. I am a 40 year old virgin with a 2 inch penis I cant get hard. The only reason I come is because likes make me feel good about myself. I need a safe place. I love you sherdog but I cant take the ridicule and shame anymore.

omg wtf how dare you you casual bet you don't even subscribe to ufc fightpass, wtf so sick of tuf noobs

omg wtf how dare you you casual bet you don't even subscribe to ufc fightpass, wtf so sick of tuf noobs
Fuck you! RIckson by arm bar. Who is Ryoto Machida. STFU TUF noob.

Brandon Vera will become the first HW LHW title holder. Welcome to the Machida era
Old Sherdog I miss you so
<DCrying>
the militant mods, the camel dog raids, the e-suicides, the larger avs for plats

Funny considering it was Diaz who ducked the match.
It wasn’t because he was afraid of Mayhem. He was doing his own thing. I think that was around the time he fought Daley and then came to UFC.

Old Sherdog I miss you so
<DCrying>
the militant mods, the camel dog raids, the e-suicides, the larger avs for plats
I still miss the yellows for even the slightest spoken word. I got my first and only yellow when someone posted a back n the day prime Rhonda and pick and I said "I would the corn out of her shit". The ban hammer was always funny too.

wait what?
I can't tell the point you're making
are you trying to make the point that competition in MMA is strictly from an infight perspective? Like fighter and X and Y can't be competing to make it to a title shot, or to get a super fight, or to be recognized by fans as the best in the world etc etc without actually fighting? Because if so that's silly (especially the final case, considering that was an explicitly stated motivation for some MMA fighters during the Pride UFC days), and you're boiling down what fighters may or may not compete for into one thing "winning or securing a title".

If that's the assertion you're making, that's so silly that the hypothetical in general is pretty much lost on you and discussion is pointless, the entire point is that none of these fighters never actually fought each other. So I guess in your narrow definition, no Randy/Fedor never had a rivalry, even if with the actual definition they did.

I'm sorry. You're too much of an idiot to continue this discussion.

not really rivalries but should have would have

Randy vs Fedor
Fedor vs Barnett (Dope goodbye affliction)
Coleman vs Tim Silva
Mir vs Fedor..... still will happen!!!!!!! Mir is underrated.
Andy vs Jones..... WOW!
Hughes vs Andy
GSP vs Andy
going down in weight
BJ vs Saku
Franklin vs GSP
GSP vs Saku
Dana vs Tito
Rogan vs Snipes

I like this list. GSP/Anderson, Uncle Dana/Tito, Ronda/Cyborg, Wandy/Shogun (not rivalry, but would have been epic at Final Conflict)
are my favs. I wish these fights would have happened.

I still miss the yellows for even the slightest spoken word. I got my first and only yellow when someone posted a back n the day prime Rhonda and pick and I said "I would the corn out of her shit". The ban hammer was always funny too.
<45>
the good ole days

Back