best Resume of the three GOATS

My top 5:

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. GSP
4. Jones
5. Aldo

We have five clear divisional GOATs now, everything else is just a matter of an opinion. I don't think Jones should be in the discussions for top 3 until he loses/retires.

Nailed it

lol at leaving out the guy who wins the polls for GOAT every single time

Andy, Bones, GSP.

Anderson would ruin GSP's comp & Bones has ruined some of Anderson's comp so I place the fact that Anderson has ranked wins in three divisions [And GSP & Bones haven't ventured out of their divisions yet] slightly higher.

If Bones beats Gus for a second time he will become number 1. Even if he loses, eventually he will still probably get to number 1.

i don't get people who say anderson would ruin gsp's comp. all it took was for one hardheaded, fearless wrestler to exploit silva's crappy tdd (chael). to me it seems like, gsp's resume is FULL of hardheaded, fearless wrestlers. silva's competition was mainly non-wrestlers that were trying to beat silva at his strength. i like silva but i've always look at his matchups as champion very stylistically beneficial for him.

One intelligent post in this thread, just by virtue of distinguishing these fighters as divisional GOATs.

GOAT, by definition, means there's only one. If we go by the polls, that's Fedor.....by a landslide.

The title of this thread should have been: Which of these three top fighters in their division has the best resume?

this

Jones has had the toughest competition and it isn't even close. I got 1. Jones 2. GSP 3. Fedor 4. Anderson. On resume only of who you have beaten only. True all time GOAT list for me is 1. Jones 2. Silva 3. GSP 4. Fedor. Andersons resume is weak in terms of who he has beaten though.

Fedor fans are gonna be salty

Btw Anderson is the only fighter in that list that has wins over ranked opponents in three weight classes.

I'm not even a Fedor fan, but he is still arguably the GOAT and you can't exclude him.

The funny part is now that people think that gsp has a better resume than jones. And now that you lay them both out...it's pretty clear jones has topped him.

resume doesn't tell the story of the fight. Anderson finishes his opponents and finishes them usually in round 1 or 2.

Not all wins are equal.. A dominate finish should count for a little more than a dominate decision.

Let's look at how many times the judges were needed in those wins..

GSP 12 (last stoppage Jan 2009)

Anderson 2

Jones 6

IMO the thing that hurts Anderson the most is not people he fought, but his TKO in the first Weidman fight. Now if his chin is gone and is finished by Diaz, then he is still the 185 GOAT (until Weidman passes him in a couple of years).. but out of the overall GOAT argument.

Jones has a way to go before mentioned in the GOAT discussions. It's not about wins, but about dominance and level of competition. Not everybody can be considered GOAT.

Georges is the GOAT in the UFC.

Fedor is the GOAT outside of the UFC.

Anderson is also a GOAT, but he has 6 losses, 2 of them to the same man. He's a step below GSP.

Jones had two opponents who didn't deserve to be fighting him (Vitor and Chael), and arguably lost (or had a draw) against Gustaffson. But he will be among the GOATs one day.

If we're talking straight resume of wins, without losses (or context for either) then Dan Henderson is the greatest ever. With context, losses, and all that jazz, it's Georges.

I thought about including Fedor but there are just too many cans on his resume... He still has the top HW resume at this point but I don't think his compares to Jones/GSP/Silva as far as quality.

Over 50% of Jon Jones MMA fights have been against cans. This is a fact, go check his record and come back to me. :icon_idea

And don't even get me started on Anderson Silva, the only one out of all the greats who was completely outclassed by cans.

Go ahead and remove them.

1. Fedor
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Anderson

Jones will have to go to HW and dominate to surpass Fedor as GOAT. He's much bigger than Fedor so there's no excuses.

I thought about including Fedor but there are just too many cans on his resume... He still has the top HW resume at this point but I don't think his compares to Jones/GSP/Silva as far as quality.

Name the cans Fedor fought aside from Zulu, Nagata, and Choi.

After tonight's win who do you think has the best resume out of GSP/Jones/Silva? I think its pretty even however, if Jones gets one more win over Gus/Rumble I think he moves into first place... Thoughts?

Jon Jones

Cormier
Glover
Gus
Sonnen
Vitor
Evans
Machida
Ramepage
Shogun
Bader
Hammil (You know Jones won that fight)