best Resume of the three GOATS

resume doesn't tell the story of the fight. Anderson finishes his opponents and finishes them usually in round 1 or 2.

Good point. The other thing we have to include is losses though. Bones is basically undefeated. GSP avenged both this losses which is great.. And of course Andy has a lot of losses now.

I think so too. Even if Jones loses to Gus/Rumble he still has another 6 years to get more ranked wins or retake the belt. As long as he doesn't go on a dramatic decline soon I think it's inevitable.

I think Anderson's MW resume is not as strong as GSP's WW, but Anderson had multiple victories on otehr weight classes. I think that and his finishing rate compensates for the name value of GSP's opponents. Even then, I don't think GSP's resume is that much superior to Anderson's.

As for Fedor, I think the names on his resume+winning streak+finishes puts him up there too. I really don't think anyone should bitch about having any of these 4 at the top. Aldo is closing in too. Unfortunately for him though the FW division doesn't get as much respect since it doesn't have as much of a rich history compared to these other weight classes.

You are correct regarding Aldo... I should have included his as well..

Henderson has more impressive wins over 3 weight classes. Especially for beating Nog and Fedor while still being able to make 185.

Henderson was never dominant in any weight class though. Dan has an amazing list of fighters he beat, but he never dominated a division.

Henderson was never dominant in any weight class though. Dan has an amazing list of fighters he beat, but he never dominated a division.

Plus Hendo has a ton of losses.

Bones
Lots of former champs on his list

GSP still for me by quite a bit tbh.

Jones' actual boxing tonight didn't look very good. He's good at
Muay thai and with his kicks and elbows, but bis boxing is lacking IMO.

Henderson has more impressive wins over 3 weight classes. Especially for beating Nog and Fedor while still being able to make 185.

I know other people have made their rebuttals against your statement but I just want to say that Henderson is definitely one of the greatest legends of the sport.

This is an argument over who gets second place to Fedor right?

GSP, Bones, Anderson but I don't think its going to matter. Unless someone steps up and gives Bones a loss soon he is going to break all the records.

GSP>Jones>Anderson in terms of the quality of opponents. Anderson jumps ahead of Jones in terms of HOW he beat the guys he beat.

GSP is GOAT.

My top 5:

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. GSP
4. Jones
5. Aldo

We have five clear divisional GOATs now, everything else is just a matter of an opinion. I don't think Jones should be in the discussions for top 3 until he loses/retires.

Bones definitely has the best resume, no doubt. Followed by GSP, then Silva.

All 3 goats of their respective divisions, but I'd go with Anderson at this moment since he's fought at different weight classes.

The GOAT is still yet to come.. (McGregor)

Bones definitely has the best resume, no doubt. Followed by GSP, then Silva.

That's arguable. Pretty much all Jones' opponents during his title run have been in their 30's except Gus.

Jones is ahead of LaySP at this point. If he beats Gus/Rumble, it would be hard to deny him the #1 spot.

My top 5:

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. GSP
4. Jones
5. Aldo

We have five clear divisional GOATs now, everything else is just a matter of an opinion. I don't think Jones should be in the discussions for top 3 until he loses/retires.

One intelligent post in this thread, just by virtue of distinguishing these fighters as divisional GOATs.

GOAT, by definition, means there's only one. If we go by the polls, that's Fedor.....by a landslide.

The title of this thread should have been: Which of these three top fighters in their division has the best resume?

Honest list:

Jones
Anderson
Fedor
GSP

My list:

Anderson
Fedor
Jones
GSP/McGregor

Anderson. GSP isn't even in the same discussion, we went through this. He has the worst resume out of all these guys.

Back