best Resume of the three GOATS

abravo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
After tonight's win who do you think has the best resume out of GSP/Jones/Silva? I think its pretty even however, if Jones gets one more win over Gus/Rumble I think he moves into first place... Thoughts?

Jon Jones

Cormier
Glover
Gus
Sonnen
Vitor
Evans
Machida
Ramepage
Shogun
Bader
Hammil (You know Jones won that fight)
Bonner
Vera
Matushenko

GSP

Hendricks
Condit
Shields
Diaz
Koshcheck (x2)
Hardy
Alves
Fitch
Parisyan
Sherk
Trigg
Sera
Penn (2x)
Hughes (2x)

Anderson

Hendo
Sonnen (2x)
Vitor
Okami
Marquardt
Bonnar
Maia
Griffin
Franklin (2x)
Leban
Irvin
Murray
Lutter
Horn
Cote
Leitis
Newton
Sakurai

Last edited:
Toss up between Jones and GSP. Andy is #3. I agree, if he beats Gus or Rumble, he's the GOAT.

Fedor fans are gonna be salty

Btw Anderson is the only fighter in that list that has wins over ranked opponents in three weight classes.

Btw Anderson is the only fighter in that list that has wins over ranked opponents in three weight classes.

Lol that's what I was thinking. There's 4 fighters who could arguably be the goat at this point, although at this rate it seems Jones will overtake the others.

Definitely comes down too Jones and GSP. Anderson just hasn't faced the same level of comp.

Andy, Bones, GSP.

Anderson would ruin GSP's comp & Bones has ruined some of Anderson's comp so I place the fact that Anderson has ranked wins in three divisions [And GSP & Bones haven't ventured out of their divisions yet] slightly higher.

If Bones beats Gus for a second time he will become number 1. Even if he loses, eventually he will still probably get to number 1.

I thought about including Fedor but there are just too many cans on his resume... He still has the top HW resume at this point but I don't think his compares to Jones/GSP/Silva as far as quality.

Anderson has the weakest resume but I still say he's #1 because of how he beat his opponents and because he also fought at LHW. I also think good fighters that would naturally be MWs fought at LWH to avoid fighting Anderson. Machida for example.

All three are great. I see no need to order it beyond that.

thats why he wins it, imo.

resume doesn't tell the story of the fight. Anderson finishes his opponents and finishes them usually in round 1 or 2.

That and Anderson's streaks of finishing his opponents are really what his legacy is about. He's my favorite fighter and it's no dig on him to say that Jones competition is superior.

Lol that's what I was thinking. There's 4 fighters who could arguably be the goat at this point, although at this rate it seems Jones will overtake the others.

I think so too. Even if Jones loses to Gus/Rumble he still has another 6 years to get more ranked wins or retake the belt. As long as he doesn't go on a dramatic decline soon I think it's inevitable.

Definitely comes down too Jones and GSP. Anderson just hasn't faced the same level of comp.

I think Anderson's MW resume is not as strong as GSP's WW, but Anderson had multiple victories on otehr weight classes. I think that and his finishing rate compensates for the name value of GSP's opponents. Even then, I don't think GSP's resume is that much superior to Anderson's.

As for Fedor, I think the names on his resume+winning streak+finishes puts him up there too. I really don't think anyone should bitch about having any of these 4 at the top. Aldo is closing in too. Unfortunately for him though the FW division doesn't get as much respect since it doesn't have as much of a rich history compared to these other weight classes.

Back