Best resources for leg locks?

Systemanoob**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For some reason people have been avoiding teaching heel hooks sufficiently, so I am going to try to learn some kneebars on my own. Anyone know of videos, books or tips for leg locks?

I filmed a bunch of basic leglock material this week. If you have a specific tech you'd like to see. Post it in the thread for tech request for takedowns101.com

Hope we can help you out

stephen kesting made a great DVD for kneebars

For some reason people have been avoiding teaching heel hooks sufficiently, so I am going to try to learn some kneebars on my own. Anyone know of videos, books or tips for leg locks?

I don't understand your question...
You are not learning heel hooks, so you want more kneebar resources?

I don't understand your question...
You are not learning heel hooks, so you want more kneebar resources?

lol, look at his name.

i doubt he'd make a thread like this if he was "Sambonoob"

Imanari's instructional is awesome o_O

Your instructor should be your best resource on leg locks.

should speak for itself

Where did I say I'm not learning heel hooks? Read again.

maybe you should read this again dumbass:

"For some reason people have been avoiding teaching heel hooks sufficiently, so I am going to try to learn some kneebars on my own. Anyone know of videos, books or tips for leg locks?"

i gotta say im with mikey t on this one...

hows the arm btw

Where did I say I'm not learning heel hooks? Read again.

Ahhh...no. You read again...

Originally Posted by Systemanoob

And, BTW I still don't understand your question. Who are these "people" that have been avoiding heel hooks? And why would you want knebars when heel hooks are being avoided?

Well, I recommend Bill Duff's instructional. He is a master of leg locks and his "snap him in two" technique is awsome!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uv_8Q2gwHZY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uv_8Q2gwHZY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I would try and learn leg locks by someone who is familiar with both them and you, Learning from a tape or book often leaves out important transition stages for the sake of room. If you are missing a single part in your leg lock attempt it is doomed to fail.

I don't think leglocks are really something that should be learned online. Little changes in pressure and position can make huge differences in their effectiveness, and if you are trying to figure it out from an video you may inadvertantly put more pressure on your partner than you realize. Unlike chokes, etc, leglocks with too much pressure can't be shrugged off.

Back