Best reply vote

MMADude2009

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
How about have it where we can vote on a best reply by someone. It could be for a funny response, witty or just well thought out. I think it may bring a great variation to the forums and showcase those who have great replies.

I'd prefer some kind of kudos points system where if you like someones post, you can give them a + point...

Join that with the belt system so that you need + points instead of number of posts to go up belt colours and I think you might have a workable forum.

You should only be allowed to give + points though, otherwise you'd get morons going about giving negative points to anyone they fancied.

That way your belt colour would be a TRUE indication of the quality of your posts and bad posters would stay white belts and nobody would take them seriously.

That way your belt colour would be a TRUE indication of the quality of your posts

No it wouldn't.

Since most posters suck, they'd all be high-fiving each other over things the good posters thought too obvious to mention.

No it wouldn't.

Since most posters suck, they'd all be high-fiving each other over things the good posters thought too obvious to mention.

Good point, but it's still fixable...

Imagine that a white belt can only vote 3 times per day and each vote is only worth 1 + point.

As your belt colour increases, you can vote more times per day and your vote is worth more + points...until you get to a black belt and you can vote 30 times per day and each vote is worth 20 points.

MAYBE then if you get past black belt to...whatever belts there are after that, maybe only then can you give out negative - points?

It definitely wouldn't work. A lot of us have our favourites here and would +1 according to whether I liked the poster or not.

It definitely wouldn't work. A lot of us have our favourites here and would +1 according to whether I liked the poster or not.

Yeah I don't think you've quite got it...

Poor quality posting whitebelts could +1 each other as much as they want (up to 5 per day) but a high ranking, quality posting blackbelt could come along and with one vote, decimate the whitebelts (falsely) accumulated points for a whole week!

Black belts would essentially become moderators, they would have the power to create other black belts (who would be able to create others) but would have the power to punish poor posting thus keeping quality posters and poor quality posters miles apart (in terms of belt colour)

Oh I think I have got it, and now it sounds even worse than it did before I'm afraid.

Yeah I don't think you've quite got it...

Poor quality posting whitebelts could +1 each other as much as they want (up to 5 per day) but a high ranking, quality posting blackbelt could come along and with one vote, decimate the whitebelts (falsely) accumulated points for a whole week!

Black belts would essentially become moderators, they would have the power to create other black belts (who would be able to create others) but would have the power to punish poor posting thus keeping quality posters and poor quality posters miles apart (in terms of belt colour)

What about this is a good idea? How would this not just be a popularity contest?

Rating systems will never work. Especially if you visit other sub-forums here you would definetly know that.

Back