Best point fighter in MMA

He's a killer whenever he's not fighting for the title or fighting a top tier opponent, otherwise he always resorts to point fighting.
I know you're still upset about the Diaz fight, but that's an outright lie.

Nah, I cannot say who wins , but it will not be the same fight.
Mighty Mouse deserves far more respect than he ever receives here.
Hey man, not gonna disagree with you on that one. MM is a true boss. I do think the fight would be very similar though. Even stand-up, but Cruz to good at timing those doubles.

First response wins the thread. Seven 25 minute decisions in a row to wrap up a career. What's sad is that GSP was always an amazing fighter. The Serra loss ruined him though and he went from a fight-finishing monster to someone who'd happily grind one decision after another after another.

So does part of the blame for that not rest with his opponents?

If a guy is good enough to play it safe and cruise to victory against the top guys in his division then what does that say.

Maybe those pro killer fighters could have stepped it up and stopped him from grabbing easy wins.

Cruz.

Even his fans defend him winning by saying he hit more 5-second takedowns and other point fighting tactics.

Hey man, not gonna disagree with you on that one. MM is a true boss. I do think the fight would be very similar though. Even stand-up, but Cruz to good at timing those doubles.

I think Cruz takes it, but I cannot entirely count out MM, either way I hope it is a fight we see this year.

Was he not point fighting against Lawler and GSP?
No. He dropped both of them, and looked for the finish, when it was available. GSP held him down, but Carlos was still landing hard elbows from the bottom.

Jones` last 3 fights have been one of the easiest decisions to call beforehand, imo. He doesnt really finish legit size top LHWs.

Was he not point fighting against Lawler and GSP?

Not even close. He was the only one trying to finish the fight against GSP, and hurt and tried to finish Lawler several times. Condit is most definitely not a point fighter.

Seems like there is a bit of hate towards people who can use footwork, put combinations together and not get hit a lot.

I think its called skill and being smart.

The. I am gonna run in, bang and hope my chin holds out style is fun to watch, but as far as long term career outlook it may not be a good strategy.
you are confusing things.
There's nothing wrong with using footwork, putting combinations together and not getting hit. The problem is when they have a dazed opponent and are afraid to finish.

Skill means you also know when you can go for the kill, and submit or KO your opponent.

Cruz Bendo MM ST Pierre Holm and Edgar have all mastered the art of point fighting.

Very hard to beat them if you dont land something big. Only well rounded fighters can master this art in MMA.

I think Cruz is the true point fighting GOAT though. Only thing is, I don't necessarily think that he is "trying" to win fights based on points .. but I am new to the Cruz thing so I could be wrong.

I would hesitate to call MightyMouse a point fighter, he's got 4/7 finishes in his title defenses. He's a fighter that consistently looks for the opportunity to finish in a division where they dont come easy. Guys have less power, more speed and movement and are very hard to keep down and grapple with.

1. GSP
2. Cruz
3. Condit

Condit has 2 decision wins in all his fights. If you're trying to claim that he point fights and gets all those finishes then at least put him at Number 1. But you're not, right?

Cruz is the best point fighter in the UFC. At least GSP put his opponents into situations where he could possibly finish the fight. Attempted subs and such.

Conor looked like the best point fighter against Holloway because he of course was injured. The dude is the best in what ever he does and wants to.

But MM is. He only gets 50-45 or 49-46.

Wow, that hugging of Conor's nuts was so unnecessary. You guys have been really reaching.

Bendo has to be the most soul crushing point fighter, he actually makes you think you did pretty well. It's on another level to feeling totally outclassed by a better fighter in GSP.

Back