Media Best podcast on jmma out there

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shu Hirata is heavily involved in mma as a manager, has even represented Joanna Jed. Charlie Jewett runs his blog sogo-Kai.com and formerly ran his blog Charlie’s report. Charlie lives in Japan currently, and has a Japanese wife. Highly recommend this series, which currently sits at five episodes. Lot of insider info, plus perspective on how fans in Japan actually view mma and the different promotions over there, rather than the blind speculation often provided here

Current Jmma is absolutely irrelevant. We will miss the days of Pride and Dream though

Current Jmma is absolutely irrelevant. We will miss the days of Pride and Dream though
if you ever speak to a normal person you will find all MMA is absolutely irrelevant. all that determines what you care about is your level of interest and spectrum of focus. your post was absolutely useless.

if you ever speak to a normal person you will find all MMA is absolutely irrelevant. all that determines what you care about is your level of interest and spectrum of focus. your post was absolutely useless.
Haha sure mate, so now mma fans are abnormal persons? <EdgyBrah>

<DCrying>

You are absolutely useless, just like current JMMA.
It’s all about level. JMMA used to have most of the best fighters in the world, then Pride died but Dream still had some very good fighters.
Dream died and since then it have been a huge downhill. Now JMMA is full of no names.

Years ago we could see Overeem, Mousasi, Fedor, Crocop, and other big names. Today we only see some Suzuki vs Miyagi or Sushi vs Takanori Sake. Like, who the hell are those guys?

You need to be a huge dork to be interested in them.

There is no one single fighter fighting in Rizin or One that everybody say “Wow he would destroy the UFC roster”, no one.

Today’s Asian MMA is no more than regional circuit.

You are absolutely useless, just like current JMMA.
It’s all about level. JMMA used to have most of the best fighters in the world, then Pride died but Dream still had some very good fighters.
Dream died and since then it have been a huge downhill. Now JMMA is full of no names.

Years ago we could see Overeem, Mousasi, Fedor, Crocop, and other big names. Today we only see some Suzuki vs Miyagi or Sushi vs Takanori Sake. Like, who the hell are those guys?

You need to be a huge dork to be interested in them.

There is no one single fighter fighting in Rizin or One that everybody say “Wow he would destroy the UFC roster”, no one.

Today’s Asian MMA is no more than regional circuit.
Horiguchi....one name you asked for

If you think about JMMA and only come up with Pride and Dream...and the big names, who were all foreigners which you mentioned, its like saying i know all about mma i watch the ufc

Horiguchi

If you think about JMMA and only come up with Pride and Dream...and the big names, who were all foreigners which you mentioned, its like saying i know all about mma i watch the ufc

First of all Horiguchi is from the manlet division, and that division is almost as irrelevant as WMMA.
Secondly Horiguchi already fought in UfC and did not win the belt.
Thirdly he got KOd not long ago by some can.

Horiguchi....one name you asked for

You’re arguing with a March 2021 join date. I had to click see ignored posts just to see who. Let that be everything you need to know

First of all Horiguchi is from the manlet division, and that division is almost as irrelevant as WMMA.
Secondly Horiguchi already fought in UfC and did not win the belt.
Thirdly he got KOd not long ago by some can.
Fucking lol man...

Enjoy your life here, cheers mate

You’re arguing with a March 2021 join date. I had to click see ignored posts just to see who. Let that be everything you need to know

Another dummy who thinks Sherdog join date=Date of start watching MMA.

I started watching in 2006, this is why I know very well what JMMA used to be and why current JMMA is garbage in comparison.

Another dummy who thinks Sherdog join date=Date of start watching MMA.

I started watching in 2006, this is why I know very well what JMMA used to be and why current JMMA is garbage in comparison.
Nonsense. Move on.

So what are the cliff notes on what he believes the general Japanese population views MMA???

So what are the cliff notes on what he believes the general Japanese population views MMA???
A couple things I can remember without listening all over again:
1. Horiguchi appeals more to the older crowd, while the Asakuras appeal to the teens and twenty somethings.
2. Rizin shows are full of couples and couple with kids. Compare that with Rise (kickboxing), which appeals to a much younger crowd
3. Rizin has an official store, and they often bring in fighters to work in order the counter to draw in a crowd. Most fighters bring in like 20 people. Horiguchi had a line out the door.
4. WRT the fighters, more and more Japanese fighters want to fight for Rizin than the UFC

New episode is out! If you watch it on YouTube itself, the video is split into chapters.mtimestamps are given in the description

Back