Best places to live for 1 month

I've avoided Barcelona (only because I've heard you need at least 10 days to do it right and I did not have that much time for one place) but done most of the south and central Spain.

Seville, Malaga, Ronda, Marbella, Cordoba, Toledo and Madrid also visited Gibraltar and then over to Morocco.

Yes Spain is definitely on my short list for a second 'winter escape' home I am looking for. It is awesome.

eh, i don't think you need an entire week to see barcelona well. in four to five days you can see a lot. it's not like london or new york city.

After visiting Barcelona for 4 days, I spent 3.5 weeks in Southern Spain, specifically Seville, Malaga, Ronda, and Gibraltar. Could have easily stretch it out to a whole month to include Grenada.

Beautiful weather in the summer, good food and cheap wine, nice beach, lots of places to visit and explore.

This beach was a short walk away from where I was staying in Malaga.
TbswXRT.jpg

Just move there. I cant imagine loving a place and going back to a place you dont like.
Yeah, I've been a lot of places already so I'm not really looking for "go to X country" as advice. Looking for more specific stuff, potentially smaller towns/areas that are really cool and interesting.

For example, someone said Colombia, which is a cool place, but where? I've been to Medellin before. I'm looking for more specific stuff.

Here are a few places that I've already got on my short list

New York, US
Caberate, Dominican Republic
Odessa, Ukraine
Lisbon, Portugal
Florianopolis, Brazil
Nairobi, Kenya
Madrid, Spain
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Also keen to checkout a lot of cool smaller towns in the US. Maybe a small mountain town in Colorado or something similar.

What you do for work

I would have said your current location...but since you are there it has to be South America for the win- specifically Colombia. Then there are many stunning places cities/beaches/mountain villages to travel to. I lived there on and off and never had any issues other than 1 cab driver who tried to rip me off (didnt end well for him).

But yea, Colombia!

I could rob him in colombia

Rome
I recently visited Italy, Rome is truly a special place, beautiful city, great food, affordable living. you can take the train to cities like Bologna.

I would have said your current location...but since you are there it has to be South America for the win- specifically Colombia. Then there are many stunning places cities/beaches/mountain villages to travel to. I lived there on and off and never had any issues other than 1 cab driver who tried to rip me off (didnt end well for him).

But yea, Colombia!
Colombia? Why don't you recommend him Iraq or Afghanistan right away?
I would go to Sydney without thinking twice. Nice weather, beautiful nature, young and nice people, business and beach at the same place.

Last edited:
I'd go for the south of France if you have been throughout Asia.

The Philippines. Angeles City.

They have a huge mall around there called SM City Clark. Bowling alley, IMAX Theatre, and a hotel within the mall complex.

The Philippines is beautiful, and a lot of the locals speak good English, and are American friendly (I don't know if that is important for you.)

Who said Pattaya??

<{Heymansnicker}>

The place of full of old age pensioners trying to get their jollies.
Although it might be okay - if you don't might the pervasive smell of raw sewage everywhere you go.

Ever watch the news there?

Marauding gangs of ladyboys - beat the snot out of tourists - especially after they entrap the naive kind, thinking they're real women.
And when they don't pay - they get whooped.

I saw a case on the news (Pattaya news actually has its own channel), where a dude got a bread knife rammed up his ass.
It required surgical removal.

If you want to trane - that's another thing.

But going as a tourist?
lol - sure - you'll get laid, but there's a good chance you'll also get fucked.

Who said Pattaya??

<{Heymansnicker}>

The place of full of old age pensioners trying to get their jollies.
Although it might be okay - if you don't might the pervasive smell of raw sewage everywhere you go.

Ever watch the news there?

Marauding gangs of ladyboys - beat the snot out of tourists - especially after they entrap the naive kind, thinking they're real women.
And when they don't pay - they get whooped.

I saw a case on the news (Pattaya news actually has its own channel), where a dude got a bread knife rammed up his ass.
It required surgical removal.

If you want to trane - that's another thing.

But going as a tourist?
lol - sure - you'll get laid, but there's a good chance you'll also get fucked.
Although I considered training there, I didn't in th end. I spent two weeks there and know how it all works. My friends have been going for years so I have learned how to avoid the obvious scams. I never really had a Thai cause me problems. They are great if you are respectful to them and don't get obliteratedly drunk. Only times I saw taurests get beaten up was when they got drunk and acted disrespectfully.

Last edited:
I don't want to "trane" thankyou. I spent two weeks there and know how it all works there. My friends have been going for years there too.

You and your friends are pathetic lol

Colombia? Why don't you recommend him Iraq or Afghanistan right away?
I would go to Sydney without thinking twice. Nice weather, beautiful nature, young and nice people, business and beach at the same place.

Most of it is actually pretty stable these days isn't it? just a few dodgy areas.

at the moment, i'd probably say the rainforest in peru. i was there years ago, and totally miss it. waking up early and exploring the area was so much fun. getting high at night and taking in the fresh air and environment are nights i'll never forget.

Iquitos is pretty cool, a lot of it is like stepping back in time in some regards.

Fun fact, it’s the largest city in the world you cannot drive too.

They have cars and roads but no roads leave the city going anywhere else.

All cars have to be brought there by boat on the river.

Is hard to say a place without know wht you're looking for

I've just been to Maiorca doing a lot of beaches, if i have to pick today where start tomorrow a month away will probably pick Trentino Alto Adige (north Italy) for nature or Prague because i love the city

lago_di_carezza_ThinkstockPhotos-479966614-828x553.jpg

SpringinPragueWeather.jpg

Amsterdam also. Look up a place a little south called Leiden.

Iquitos is pretty cool, a lot of it is like stepping back in time in some regards.

Fun fact, it’s the largest city in the world you cannot drive too.

They have cars and roads but no roads leave the city going anywhere else.

All cars have to be brought there by boat on the river.

yeah, the friends i was with were contemplating iquitos. but we decided with manu national park because we were already in cuzco, and it was closer for us. one of the highlights of my trip, was to drive from cuzco to puerto maldonado. seeing the landscape change was amazing.

Southern California during the summer if you are from humid northeast.

Its 91F but feels like 100F right now in NYC. I dont know how those tennis players in the US Open are handling this. They should move the US Open to San Diego.

Trentino Alto Adige (north Italy) for nature...

lago_di_carezza_ThinkstockPhotos-479966614-828x553.jpg

Cortina d'Ampezzo is a decent sized town as well if you wanted somewhere that wasn't just a small holiday town/ski resort.

Actually just went back to a panorama shot I took 5 years ago walking around the Tre Cime di Lavaredo and stitched it all together...

sKl1OOi.jpg

Last edited:
Back