Best places to live for 1 month

Yeah, that wouldn't work for me then. I still need decent/good WiFI. Other than that, I have no other limitations.

though i should say that this was back in 09', so i'm thinking the wifi situation has improved. or at least i hope it has.

Can't you take some flights to Vietnam and the Philippines for around $100-200 U.S.? You've probably been to those place though, if you've been to 40+ countries.

I would have said your current location...but since you are there it has to be South America for the win- specifically Colombia. Then there are many stunning places cities/beaches/mountain villages to travel to. I lived there on and off and never had any issues other than 1 cab driver who tried to rip me off (didnt end well for him).

But yea, Colombia!

I thought about going there on my next vacation instead of Thailand. Just as cheap and beautiful. The flight is a little bit cheaper and not as brutal for Americans.

Last edited:
What are your interests? If you're an outdoors guy, Alaska in the summer is stunning.

Try Cambodia it’s pretty lax and they seem to be on similar pages to the Thais as far as partying and living the expat life.

Can't you take some flights to Vietnam and the Philippines for around $100-200 U.S.? You've probably been to those place though, if you've been to 40+ countries.

Yeah, I've been a lot of places already so I'm not really looking for "go to X country" as advice. Looking for more specific stuff, potentially smaller towns/areas that are really cool and interesting.

For example, someone said Colombia, which is a cool place, but where? I've been to Medellin before. I'm looking for more specific stuff.

Here are a few places that I've already got on my short list

New York, US
Caberate, Dominican Republic
Odessa, Ukraine
Lisbon, Portugal
Florianopolis, Brazil
Nairobi, Kenya
Madrid, Spain
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Also keen to checkout a lot of cool smaller towns in the US. Maybe a small mountain town in Colorado or something similar.

Sydney as a place I've been that i'd revisit

place I haven't been and would like to try for a month, a city in Colombia or Japan.

Yeah, I've been a lot of places already so I'm not really looking for "go to X country" as advice. Looking for more specific stuff, potentially smaller towns/areas that are really cool and interesting.

For example, someone said Colombia, which is a cool place, but where? I've been to Medellin before. I'm looking for more specific stuff.

New York, US
Odessa, Ukraine
Lisbon, Portugal
Florianopolis, Brazil
Nairobi, Kenya
Madrid, Spain
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Also keen to checkout a lot of cool smaller towns in the US. Maybe a small mountain town in Colorado or something similar.

I'm sure all of those places have internet. From that list, I've only been to NYC. You do need some time in NYC to really absorb it, so at least a month is good. You can experience a lot of different cultures there also.

New York, US
Odessa, Ukraine
Lisbon, Portugal
Florianopolis, Brazil
Nairobi, Kenya
Madrid, Spain
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

i just came back from colorado, and i highly recommend it. if you're a fan of alpine landscapes, you'd love it. and the people are really chill and nice.

i just came back from colorado, and i highly recommend it. if you're a fan of alpine landscapes, you'd love it. and the people are really chill and nice.

Yeah I love me some mountains. US is huge though. I'm sure there are a lot of cool places to hangout that I don't know about.

After visiting Barcelona for 4 days, I spent 3.5 weeks in Southern Spain, specifically Seville, Malaga, Ronda, and Gibraltar. Could have easily stretch it out to a whole month to include Grenada.

Beautiful weather in the summer, good food and cheap wine, nice beach, lots of places to visit and explore.

This beach was a short walk away from where I was staying in Malaga.
TbswXRT.jpg
I've avoided Barcelona (only because I've heard you need at least 10 days to do it right and I did not have that much time for one place) but done most of the south and central Spain.

Seville, Malaga, Ronda, Marbella, Cordoba, Toledo and Madrid also visited Gibraltar and then over to Morocco.

Yes Spain is definitely on my short list for a second 'winter escape' home I am looking for. It is awesome.

Yeah I love me some mountains. US is huge though. I'm sure there are a lot of cool places to hangout that I don't know about.

Well it may lack the 'exotic' appeal but I would say the most stunning mountain ranges I have visited are right here in Canada stretched between Canmore, Banff, Lake Louise and up to Jasper. And I love mountain ranges and have visited many and still find their is something special about the Canadian Rockies. And I do not think it is just my Canadian bias speaking.

Just don't come here in the Winter unless you love snow. Lots of snow.

Maybe Queenstown in New Zealand? awesome scenery but the town itself is also a lively modern place in terms of bars, etc if you want that as well, very hassle free too as with anywhere in New Zealand.

Back