Best places to buy guns???

igordog

Black Belt
Reaction score
As I stated in an earlier thread, I went out shooting with my brother and fired many rounds out of an AK-47. Now I really want one!!! The person that owned that gun bought it from a friend. Where do you guys suggest I start looking for one, taking into consideration quality, best price, etc.?
I've heard a lot about gun shows, but never attended one myself, so I have no idea how they work. As far as I know, sporting goods stores don't sell semi-auto's like AK's. Should I look at a mom and pop gun store, shop online, or what? If the answer is online, any suggestions as to where?
Also, any idea what's a generally good price range? Should I go for new or used if I find one?
Thanks a million.

A few places to try:

Gun shows if one is happening soon/near.

Your local gun store and/or pawn shop

gunbroker.com if buying online, but you will need to have someone with a FFL near to you so they can ship to each other and you can go pick it up. Some gun stores/pawn shops offer this service for a fee, usually $25-$50. Most gun stores used to do this but nowadays most of them I asked acted like I just asked them for their first born child or something.

Gun forums such as glocktalk and ar15.com have auction forums that you can buy from, many times locally so you don't have to ship.

Not sure of the price of an AK anymore. Used to be you could get a good one for $400 or under, but since everyone is going bananas over semi autos the price has probably gone up.

A few places to try:

Gun shows if one is happening soon/near.

Your local gun store and/or pawn shop

gunbroker.com if buying online, but you will need to have someone with a FFL near to you so they can ship to each other and you can go pick it up. Some gun stores/pawn shops offer this service for a fee, usually $25-$50. Most gun stores used to do this but nowadays most of them I asked acted like I just asked them for their first born child or something.

Gun forums such as glocktalk and ar15.com have auction forums that you can buy from, many times locally so you don't have to ship.

Not sure of the price of an AK anymore. Used to be you could get a good one for $400 or under, but since everyone is going bananas over semi autos the price has probably gone up.

A lot of good information here. Thank you. I joined a gun forum yesterday (firearmstalk.com) so I'll be learning and getting a lot from there too, hopefully.
I just want to make sure that I get a very nice, reliable piece, legally.

Back