best pea protein review

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by snowman22, Jan 13, 2015.

1. snowman22

snowman22 Blue Belt

I am considering a non dairy protein. After reading many reviews I think this one has swayed me.

It's the 7th review here: http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/pea-protein-isolate/10530136.html

heres what it said:
    Planet Crusher

I recently purchased a 1kg bag of Pea Protein Isolate from My Protein as I have come to realise that after a year of dragon training, my ability to strength and condition train with my 3 year old Burmese dragon has somewhat diminished. He has grown to twice the size he was when I collected him as an egg from his mother's nest in early 2012. As soon as I realised that I could no longer hold his muscular lizard-eque neck in a sleeper hold I knew I had to increase my protein intake without suffering any untoward gastro-intestinal embarrassments whilst in public. With my young dragon screeching from the pain of hunger in the dark, damp dungeon of my 8th century castle, a solitary black crow landed in the courtyard. It dropped a piece of parchment noting that i was to attend the apothecary immediately to meet the Grand Mage of Feathershall to collect my goods. After an hours walk across wet marshland and wooded hills I eventually reached my destination. There it sat.....the satchel of strength.....dressed in a turquoise and white pelmet and physically pulsating I collected my Pea Protein Isolate from the Grand Mage and took my leave back to my castle. By now it had grown dark and thunder was in the air. With rain lashing down from the gods my regal wolf-fleece became heavier and heavier from saturation. I slipped and lost my footing dropping the powdered excelsior into the mud below. A bolt of lightening hit the castle and with that the harrowing shriek of my young dragon filled the air. In my own royal experience I knew this was a bad sign.....but what about the village I had sworn to protect?????Suddenly, out of the black night, crimson and yellow flames began erupting from the castle ahead....."He is coming...." I whispered quietly to myself. The only thing i could do was reach for my Pea Protein Isolate and hope that the energy and spirit of wolves that it contained would be unleashed into my bloodstream once consumed. I collected as much rainwater as I could and crushed some bogmyrtle and dandelion root into the mixture. Tilting the satchel towards the sky I poured its contents and essence into my mouth, with powdered strength emanating from my very core I leaned back, fists clenched and howled at the darkened sky. At first I noticed an intense tightening of every muscle and increased aural and mental cohesion. My hearing increased by 86% and with my mental capacity doubled I knew that the spirit of my forefathers had been tapped into. My skin became like that of volcanic rock and now I had every skill and attribute needed to defeat my tyrannous reptilian beast. With eyesight akin to a falcon and the renewed lung capacity of a 2 year old dolphin I spotted the beast terrorising the village. I lept forward from the marsh, my thighs bursting at the seems I looked up, jumped with all my regal might until I reached the orbit of our closest celestial object and..............it ended. My lungs imploded and I froze to death. Lessons learnt: Never go into space without pressure stabilising apparatus. No Pea Protein Isolate can provide this power I dont care who you talk to.

Goes Well With:

Dragon slaying. However do not use if going into unplanned orbit without pressure stabilising apparatus (see above).

12 January 2015 by King Wolfsbane

2. snowman22

snowman22 Blue Belt

i think this has sealed the deal now:
    Punched a Bear!

I have been working out for a few months now and have tried several other Vegan protein powders including the Vegan Blend and Brown Rice Isolate. All I can say about this product is that it is the best protein I have ever tried. With the other products I would have quicker recovery and my muscles would not ache as much, with this one how ever I am like a son of Zeus reborn to bring his justice down upon the earth. After drinking this for merely one day I stormed into the gym and destroyed my workout. With each rep I let out a roar like a lion as the weights flew up and down like the waves of a violent storm. After leaving I had another shake and felt an immediate effect to my ego and power, so I ran out into the woods. Stripping my clothes off one by one I decided it was time to return to nature and live like a real man. I proceeded to hunt deer and other smaller mammals in the woods, feasting on their still warm corpses like a rabid zombie devouring his meal. On the fourth day I attracted the attention of a bear that was originally the top predator in the woods. He stood on his back legs and let out a vicious roar as he prepared to crush my frail, human body. Little did he know I had the Pea Protein Isolate effects surging through my veins and I leaped forward like a panther. My fist connected with a shattering crack and the bear simply imploded from the amount of power focused down my fist. I am now wearing his skin like a cape as I assert my manly dominance over my wooded domain. 11/10 - no other product will ever come close.

Goes Well With:

Bear hunters Demi Gods People who wanna lift good

19 June 2014 by AdorableRebel

3. Malik111

Malik111 Blue Belt

were do I get this supplements ?

4. Tug

Tug Green Belt

i can't have whey protein because i get terrible diarrhoea. pea protein is the best tasting/mixing of the non-dairies i've tried (rice and egg white being the other two - egg white is gross). i've used myprotein, pulsin, and bulkpowders brand pea proteins and they are all basically the same, and all taste/mix fairly well. i quite like the taste, it's subtle and has a wholesome earthy quality, but hardly a treat like some of the flavoured whey proteins out there. myprotein is probably the best tasting, but again, not much difference between them.

i actually find peaprotein to be very settling on the stomach. to get my protein count up i often have them shortly before or after meals, and believe experientially that it helps with my ibs too.

5. snowman22

snowman22 Blue Belt

I'll consider this next time I buy. Pea sounds quite good.

p.s. did anyone read the review? Did no one find it funny?

6. snowman22

snowman22 Blue Belt

from Thor.

7. AgentSmecker

AgentSmecker Black Belt

Just a speck of sand in an endless desert of agony
    I use the myprotein pea protein. It's ok, mixes well, doesn't taste that great but is perfectly fine in a smoothie. The vegan blend is much more palatable but it's too pricey for me and I would only get it again if it was back on offer.