Best option besides double leg takedown?

As if it needs to be said again, but that Russian 2 on 1 series is completely badass.

No offense but what's always with so much judo love on this forum? I'm not saying that throws/trips are bad, but I'd just much rather have a single.

TS check out how heavyweights wrestle, a lot of them try very hard not to be on their knees. It's all about the setups, once you can get a 2on1/headlock/underhook, you can work from there. What you choose to do, well if you can't go on your knees, just don't... ankle picks, snatch single, spinning behind from a front headlock, double/single/high crotch without going to the knee, duck under.

A pretty easy trip that I use all the time is really easy on the knees. Shoot you hand into his collar like you are going for a cross collar from guard. Then grab the sleeve on the same side that your hand is in the collar. Then position yourself to that same side again. Extend your arm that is in his collar and trip him over the leg/hip that is closest to him. I'm only a white belt but this shit works almost every time I do it especially when I get that hand into his collar really deep because it makes them lean to that side so they are already off balance ready to go.

Back