Best Online Training for NoGi (MMA Focus)

Reala

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Either Marcelo Garcia (MG In Action), The Mendes Bros (Mendes Bros Online) or Ribeiro Brothers (BJJ Library) are getting my money this weekend :)

I've read reviews online for the three of them and most reviews focus on the site as a whole and are around a year old (when the Mendes Bros / BJJ Library sites were fairly young).

As an MMA Competitor and NoGi Competitor (I don't use the gi!!!), which site would you guys recommend?

Thank you so much in advance :)

www.matbattle.com

Since you're a big nogi fan this will probably be something you enjoy.

Lol slightly regret clicking that!

TS you will probably prefer mginaction since alot of Marcelo's game has a good no gi focus. No one that I know of has really done a mma online site, maybe evolve university or Roufus/Pettis/Askren/Belchers pro mma training? never heard any reviews of them though

I'm interested to see how people answer this question. Out of the three, I've only ever had a subscription to MGinAction. I'm guessing the consensus will be that you should go with Marcelo given his bent toward keeping everything applicable to no-gi.

But, my instinct is to say that none of the three will totally satisfy your criteria since none of them are really aimed toward complete compatibility with MMA.

I'm interested to see how people answer this question. Out of the three, I've only ever had a subscription to MGinAction. I'm guessing the consensus will be that you should go with Marcelo given his bent toward keeping everything applicable to no-gi.

But, my instinct is to say that none of the three will totally satisfy your criteria since none of them are really aimed toward complete compatibility with MMA.

Agreed.

Its surprising a niche like this exists, Duke Roufus has the Striking University, however while it has a mma focus it is striking focused. If a guy like Greg Jackson came along and made the equivalent of mginaction for mma (the models all ready there) he could make a lot of bank

Anyone actually have a membership to Mendes Online?

How much NoGi stuff is on there?

Interested, is there a high quality, grappling focused MMA training program?

Anyone actually have a membership to Mendes Online?

How much NoGi stuff is on there?

There is a lot, and it is great, but they can sometimes go a long time without adding any new no-gi stuff. Might changes post-Mundials. We shall see.

Agreed.

Its surprising a niche like this exists, Duke Roufus has the Striking University, however while it has a mma focus it is striking focused. If a guy like Greg Jackson came along and made the equivalent of mginaction for mma (the models all ready there) he could make a lot of bank
Evolve university has a lot of grappling for mma, both bjj and wrestling. Not sure how consisten their updates are or of what quality tho, never been a member.

Nicolas Reiner has a paid site, pretty good, only problem it's all in French!

I've played with the idea of making a ground fighting site purely for mma / vale tudo techniques, but wasn't sure if there was demand

I've played with the idea of making a ground fighting site purely for mma / vale tudo techniques, but wasn't sure if there was demand

It seems this niche is waiting for you!

What I'd like to see:
- standup striking for grapplers
- clinch (and dirty boxing) for grapplers
- grappling for mma
- ground and pound (attack and defense)
- mma strategies (keeping the fight on the ground, standing up tactics, vs different types of strikers, vs wrestlers, vs southpaw, etc.)
- curriculum split between beginner and advanced
- MMA fights in action clips and short breakdowns

Agreed.

actually, 2 sites like this existed couple of years ago:

- Tapout Virtual Training Center, which had a lot of big names in the mma game teaching moves, including Greg Jackson.
- American Top Team Online, the name says everything.
i remember watching a couples of free videos of Ricardo Liborio teaching ground game, it was just as good as every other famous jiu jitsu site...

... but apparently there is no market for this thing.

actually, let's be real, the only reason why a couple of jiu jitsu sites have a lot of subscriptions is because people want to see Marcelo Garcia and the Mendes bros doing moves, people don't give a **** if the move is great, they are attracted by the big name.
and then we must consider that bjj is a lot more practiced then mma, and bjj guys are more "student of the game", want to learn more techniques compared to the average mma guy.

now there is Evolve University but i am sure that they have a lot less subscriptions than a Marcelo Garcia or Mendesbros.
actually i don't think it is profitable.

Javi Vasquez should do one.

Right now Javi puts out a bunch of quick instagram clips. He really could re-write the whole mma groundfighting game as we know it if he put his system out. Javi safe guards his stuff though, never lets us film anything at the seminar and I won't show any of his stuff online.

Back