Best NFL Linebacker of all time

Best NFL LB of all time?

• Total voters
Wait what?

Butler is underrated, but he didn’t change a game and make huge plays like Polamalu.

Lynch was good, but not special in any way. And would lose in spots to more special athletes.

Harrison was really good and very consistent. But he was a system player and not really special.

Whos Kam? That’s not registering right now
Kam Chancellor, THE GOD of laying :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s out

LOB was so frustrating to hear about because I lived in the PWN at the time. But holy shit did this may lay the wood. If Sherman or ET fucked up this man murdered the WR/TE

Kam Chancellor, THE GOD of laying :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s out

LOB was so frustrating to hear about because I lived in the PWN at the time. But holy shit did this may lay the wood. If Sherman or ET fucked up this man murdered the WR/TE

Ooooo yeah he was monster

As a Packers fan there was a time where SEA and GB had a bit of a rivalry and the legion of BOOM was a constant fear of mine because of that guy. Real deal through and through.

Lt & Ray Lewis are the 2 best I ever saw.

Right now Lt is the goat and Parsons is on the way or so i wish LOL

Lawrence Taylor, which makes it all the more crazy that as a rookie, 40 years ago, he won defensive player of the year with 9.5 sacks. The Cowboys rookie Micah Parsons has 12.5 sacks already in only 13 games.

They also weren't passing 50 times a game 40 years ago.

They also weren't passing 50 times a game 40 years ago.

Oh for sure. I'm not saying Parsons = LT, more just, wouldn't it be incredible if a rookie won defensive player of the year, it hasn't happened since LT did it 40 years ago. On a side note, it used to irritate me that people called LaDainian Tomlinson LT. There is only 1 LT and his name was Lawrence Taylor.

The Cowboys play the Giants Sunday would love to see Parsons wear the number 56.

Nobody took over a game like LT. offensive coordinators had to scheme at least double and sometimes triple blocks on him every play. He literally changed the way your offense had to play.

Wait what?

Butler is underrated, but he didn’t change a game and make huge plays like Polamalu.

Lynch was good, but not special in any way. And would lose in spots to more special athletes.

Harrison was really good and very consistent. But he was a system player and not really special.

Separate polls for best ever SS / FS / CB by position would be even better.

Last edited:
Lawrence Taylor is the easy pic, but I want Ray Lewis running my defense.

LT played a different position than most of the guys listed but if I'm choosing an ilb/mlb is gotta be Butkus or Ray Lewis.

But if we're talking DE/edge rushers... LT, Derrick Thomas or Deacon Jones

Lawrence Taylor, which makes it all the more crazy that as a rookie, 40 years ago, he won defensive player of the year with 9.5 sacks. The Cowboys rookie Micah Parsons has 12.5 sacks already in only 13 games.

True, but it was a different game back then. Tom Brady would be long retired by now if he were playing in LT's day.

I think we have to split this between ILBs and OLBs TBH... they can be fundamentally different positions depending on the scheme. Taylor was a little bit of everything but not really an inside guy. They played him mostly on the edge in the LB position but also played him as a safety and even had him playing as a gunner - he was unblockable and took over even on special teams. So in the sense of just flat out being the greatest defensive player of all time, Taylor is top 3 if not the greatest.

The greatest pure ILB of all time is Ray Lewis by a country mile. No one had the instincts, speed, toughness, size and ferocity at least in the modern game, which is where he should be judged.

It's hard to compare Lewis to someone like Chuck Bednarik because it's such a different game between the two.

Wait what?

Disagree about Harrison... he was pretty much the leader and best player on what was the best or top championship defense for 5 years or so in the first Pats dynasty run. He completely changed the way teams threw the ball because some receiver corps couldn't go over the middle against him. You needed a huge hit to get your team fired up? Harrison would do it... you needed someone to force a fumble in a big spot, Harrison would do it... you needed a huge INT in a tough spot, in a tight game, Harrison would come up with it.

Granted... he didn't do that as much in San Diego where it was more about him just being a freakish intimidator. So to a point, I agree with you on the system.

That he's not in the HOF is a joke.

Back