Best navigation/map app

Kemeticsoul

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Apple maps, google, or Waz ? I was told Waz is the best. I'm taking a long long drive this upcoming summer and i need the best.

Thanks in advance, Shertardios.

Waze is good as it is user friendly and anyone can add traffic delays, wrecks etc and you can verify them.

Apple maps is good and a little more accurate.

Havent used google maps

Waze is the best. Live updates, users flag police, accidents, potholes, congestion.

Hmm.....I always just used whatever was on my phone. Will have to give this Waze a look.

Waze is good as it is user friendly and anyone can add traffic delays, wrecks etc and you can verify them.

Apple maps is good and a little more accurate.

Havent used google maps

Apple has horrible ETA in traffic. I used apple maps from west hollywood going to LAX. estimate was 30 min. Actual time was 1 hour.

Google actually bought waze in 2013. Originally an Israeli company.

So is it still its own thing or is it just another google maps?

Apple has horrible ETA in traffic. I used apple maps from west hollywood going to LAX. estimate was 30 min. Actual time was 1 hour.

Well to be fair apple doesn't know that if you get even remotely close to the 405 it fucks everything up

So is it still its own thing or is it just another google maps?

It's nothing like Google maps. Visually I liked Google maps but the routes are inferior when you are using it in cities with high traffic. Waze uses user input more effectively than Google does and the routes are what locals take. I was at the rams game last week and they close roads around DTLA. road closures were not marked on Google maps but were on waze.

Well to be fair apple doesn't know that if you get even remotely close to the 405 it fucks everything up

It was a firetruck on the road blocking westbound traffic. Just one of the reasons why waze is king imo. I probably would've gotten that update and went another route than Washington to la cienega.

It's nothing like Google maps. Visually I liked Google maps but the routes are inferior when you are using it in cities with high traffic. Waze uses user input more effectively than Google does and the routes are what locals take. I was at the rams game last week and they close roads around DTLA. road closures were not marked on Google maps but were on waze.

On second thought.....

Sounds pretty sweet.

I've relocated cities a few times and tried different maps and apps to get around and I've found that Waze is the best.

Back