best mought guard...

search4yq.png

I will answer this cause its 3 words Opro or Bite me thats all you need to know
and this is one of the more done threads on here so yea to beat a dead horse search function

Do any of these guards have a guarantee against tooth loss/breakage/chips/etc?

If you wear Opro or Bite Me, you shouldn't have to worry about that.

UltimaMMA said:
Do any of these guards have a guarantee against tooth loss/breakage/chips/etc?

Most of them do. Heck the $10 shock Dr. has like a $10,000 warrenty.

for the cost i say OPRO...

Unless your like me and your dog just fucking chewed the thing to a pulp when it fell out of your gym bag when you pulled your gi out...

Then i suggest shooting the dog, and ordering another opro.

I am looking at the opro packet i got when i sent my mold out it says "Each opro mouthguard is backed by our 1 year limited warenty. IN the unlikely event of an accidental tooth loss or injurty notwithstanding your wearing your opro, you may submit a claim toward the cost of remedial dental treatment.. The warranty covers up to $1500 (less a 150 deductible) and is effective for 12 months from the date of manufacture." So there u have it 40-70 bucks for 1500 bucks of dental insurance for 1 year, and they toss in a free custom mouthguard too :wink:

some people love them some people say they dont fit their mouth and its hard to breathe. If it fits your great but i think you still might have problems breathing thru that tiny hole. i think if your serious about training plunk down the 75 bucks and get a mouth guard that fits your teeth like a glove. Your teeth will thank you

Gsoares2 said:
for the cost i say OPRO...

Unless your like me and your dog just fucking chewed the thing to a pulp when it fell out of your gym bag when you pulled your gi out...

Then i suggest shooting the dog, and ordering another opro.

HAHA i am sorry but that is hilarious might i suggest purchasing the dog a chew toy that costs less than 75 bucks

Edit they have your mouth on file though right so reordering should be quick and painless

Foxx_MMA said:
some people love them some people say they dont fit their mouth and its hard to breathe. If it fits your great but i think you still might have problems breathing thru that tiny hole. i think if your serious about training plunk down the 75 bucks and get a mouth guard that fits your teeth like a glove. Your teeth will thank you
i am suppose to breathe out of my nose anyways, but if it breaks, i'm in trouble

Has anyone worn one of these warrantied mouthguards and had it fail? If so, how easy was it to collect on the insurance? I looked over the sites and both the Shock Doctor and the Brain Pad mouthguards offer free $12,500 insurance.

I'd like to know why the $85 mouthguard is really worth more than the $25 one. Don't just tell me because all the pro fighters wear em, because my Nike Jordans don't make me jump any higher. I'm not a supporter of the "just because I paid more for it, its better than the cheaper stuff" philosophy.

The reason its more expensive is the fitting. The opro comes with a kit and you make a clay mold and send it to them and they mail you back a one of a kind guard and it fits like it was vaccum molded to your teeth. Boil and bite ones besides being super thing dont fit anywhere near as good

Read the other threads on them. People who have used both will tell you how much more breathable, comfortable, and closer the fit is on the two big names than the shockdoctors, and other boil and bites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back