Best Mom & Pop Brands Still Around?

ThR1LL

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
So I haven't been active on this forum for nearly half a decade and back then the mom & pop type/lesser known stores that were recommended here had low key best quality for the price of their products. Items along the lines of:
  • Padilla & Sons gold weave gis
  • Rupture PTSi rash guards and shorts
  • KO Fight Gear shin pads, gloves, and heavy bags
  • Cageside MMA neoprene shin pads, sparring gloves, ankle supporters, and MMA gloves
  • Ring 2 Cage Thai Pads, focus mitts, and C-17
  • Golden Gear headgear, gloves, and focus mitts
  • American Standup headgear and sparring gloves
  • Datsusara bags (when they only had their giant duffel bag and backpack) and gis
  • The Green Gi belts
  • Somchai wraps
  • Gorilla Fight Gear headgear
Just to name a few off the top of my head. I know some of these didn't survive, some are still around, but haven't made anything new in a while, and some have expanded and have a plethora of new gear. What non-custom brands would you say are still along these lines of quality and price?

I just bought a used KO Fight gear thai bag last week and it's a tank. Still look and feels like a new bag.

G&S Boxing gloves were good for the price last time I saw them around 2013ish, and that's a very old brand. I looked them up now and they've got a new website and a new product, clearly a different manufacturer from before. Don't know how they are nowadays.

I just bought a used KO Fight gear thai bag last week and it's a tank. Still look and feels like a new bag.
I don’t see prices listed on their site anymore. Do mine saying how much you paid for the bag?

If I'm not mistaken they only sell bags now and no longer sell gloves, shin pads, and thai pads

Cagesidemma! I don't use them anymore because the dollar difference sucks (I'm in Canada) but they had great service and great gear.

I don’t see prices listed on their site anymore. Do mine saying how much you paid for the bag?

I know. It seems like their website does not work anymore. Got mine for 150$. Keep in mind that I am in Canada and for me to get one would have cost over 300$ USD which is near 400$ once converted to CND.

If I'm not mistaken they only sell bags now and no longer sell gloves, shin pads, and thai pads

Cannot say. Their website does not have links to see product anymore. Only refers to the email address. They use to make solid gear. Their gloves were indestructible.

The thai bag feels super nice. Not to hard and not too soft. Feel exactly like the Rival ones.

Last edited:
G&S Boxing gloves were good for the price last time I saw them around 2013ish, and that's a very old brand. I looked them up now and they've got a new website and a new product, clearly a different manufacturer from before. Don't know how they are nowadays.
I would stay away from G&S. Their gear is made in Pakistan now and is just the typical, cheap clone models that you see all over the place. They are not owned by the same family anymore either...the new owners basically just purchased the brand name, so the old G&S really doesn’t exist anymore.

Back