Best MMA prospect of next 10 years.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
It's already the year 2019. Fedor Emelianenko dominated the last decade, and whoever was the most dominant fighter of this decade might be more up to debate since Khabib have such few top 10 wins, Jon Jones pissed hot more than once, DC got his shit pushed in by Jon Jones twice, middleweight is so strong hard to pick out the best, and Woodley well is not very good at all but is a champ, and so on.

In other major sporting world, here might be the best prospects that could still dominate next 10 years.

The biggest sports, Soccer, have Mbappe, age 20.

giphy.gif

Perhaps next biggest sports, basketball depending on where you live, Luca Doncic, age 19.

giphy.gif

Then baseball, Shohei Ohtani, age 24.

040818_ohtani_spin_move_med_res.gif

Then hockey, Conor Mcdavid, age 22.

giphy.gif

These guys could dominate in their respective sports for the next ten years, and I guess arguablly these guys are the generational talents for their respective sports.

Who would be the MMA's generational talent equivalent who could be relevant for the next ten years?

I say Aaron Pico, age 22.

tumblr_pfun3tFlNu1udfb8oo1_500.gif

APico.gif

Ben Askren won the Hodge trophy twice, the honor given to the most outstanding collegiate wrestler of the year. So did Zain Retherford, who on this planet earth wasn't able to beat Aaron Pico in wrestling matches, though he won the Hodge trophies I believe after Pico transitioned to MMA.

Is this even an MMA thread? Also, lol @ not having American football as one of the biggest sports. Wasteland this crap

Doncic I'm not convinced of. He's super talented so he may prove me wrong.
Pico is an obvious choice for MMA. Not that I disagree with the choice. MMA does a god awful job of promoting young prospects but more importantly it is a sport where each second could change your career path.
MMA is unique in that it is absolutely never certain who will win a fight. It is too volatile a sport. Jones was as close as we ever got but he is such trash that you can't real.

Also, you're clearly not American. American football is only football

Is this even an MMA thread? Also, lol @ not having American football as one of the biggest sports. Wasteland this crap

American Football isn't even in top-5 globally, you Americans really don't know shit about the world.

How can Pico be a prospect ? He is fighting in Bellator and he already lost ...LOL and he also has no head movement after 10 years of "Boxing"...

also in regular sports a prospect would have had hundreds of matches by the age of 20 with each match being pretty much the same and so their level would be pretty clear whereas MMA is human cockfighting where the typical prospect has around 3 fights and and every fight is different...so the whole prospect thing is inapplicable to MMA imo

I remember reading lists of top 10 prospects in every weight class and maybe 1 or 2 of the hundreds of fighters mentioned as prospects would ever amount to anything...remember Bubba Jenkins lol or all those Russian heavyweights ?

Last edited:
Doncic I'm not convinced of. He's super talented so he may prove me wrong.
Pico is an obvious choice for MMA. Not that I disagree with the choice. MMA does a god awful job of promoting young prospects but more importantly it is a sport where each second could change your career path.
MMA is unique in that it is absolutely never certain who will win a fight. It is too volatile a sport. Jones was as close as we ever got but he is such trash that you can't real.

Also, you're clearly not American. American football is only football

Well, who the fuck is under 24 Rookie that's as good as Mbappe, Ohtani, Mcdavid and Doncic in NFL

It's already the year 2019. Fedor Emelianenko dominated the last decade, and whoever was the most dominant fighter of this decade might be more up to debate since Khabib have such few top 10 wins, Jon Jones pissed hot more than once, DC got his shit pushed in by Jon Jones twice, middleweight is so strong hard to pick out the best, and Woodley well is not very good at all but is a champ, and so on.

In other major sporting world, here might be the best prospects that could still dominate next 10 years.

The biggest sports, Soccer, have Mbappe, age 20.

giphy.gif

Perhaps next biggest sports, basketball depending on where you live, Luca Doncic, age 19.

giphy.gif

Then baseball, Shohei Ohtani, age 24.

040818_ohtani_spin_move_med_res.gif

Then hockey, Conor Mcdavid, age 22.

giphy.gif

These guys could dominate in their respective sports for the next ten years, and I guess arguablly these guys are the generational talents for their respective sports.

Who would be the MMA's generational talent equivalent who could be relevant for the next ten years?

I say Aaron Pico, age 22.

tumblr_pfun3tFlNu1udfb8oo1_500.gif

APico.gif

Ben Askren won the Hodge trophy twice, the honor given to the most outstanding collegiate wrestler of the year. So did Zain Retherford, who on this planet earth wasn't able to beat Aaron Pico in wrestling matches, though he won the Hodge trophies I believe after Pico transitioned to MMA.

Decent thoughts here, but a few things that are kinda wrong with your thread title and examples...

1) Prospect. How exactly do we define "prospect"?? Someone who has turned pro but hasn't had as many fights? In my humble opinion, a pro is a pro, regardless if they have had 1 fight or 20.
2) The individuals you list (Mbappe, Doncic, Ohtani, Mcdavid) are all professional athletes in their respective sports. Do we now constitute a "prospect" as a young pro athlete?
3) You left out NFL guys, but that's ok because they are professional athletes.

To me, a "prospect" would be someone coming up through the ranks before they reach the pro's. Zion Williamson who is a freshman at Duke (basketball) is a fucking beast, he isn't even the highest scorer on their team but looks to be a 1st round probably top 3 pick if he turns pro after this year. He is a prospect.

Sam Bowie was a prospect picked ahead of a guy named Michael Jordan in the NBA Draft (in all fairness Portland picked up Clyde Drexler the year before). Bowie fizzled. Jordan ended up being one of the best ever to play the game.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents when it comes to the word "prospect".

Ohtani hasn't dominated any sport. He'll be exposed in 2 years if not already.

I'd love to see more talented fighters who can express themselves in inpressive ways. Tired of watching physical elites UDing their life away.

Ohtani hasn't dominated any sport. He'll be exposed in 2 years if not already.

I'd love to see more talented fighters who can express themselves in inpressive ways. Tired of watching physical elites UDing their life away.

cry some more. another japanese baseball player hater. oh what's new

m96jjd.jpg

<DisgustingHHH> Football is a overrated shit sport propped up by a legion of gambling addicts.

vyr32a.jpg
And who is the Aaron Pico of the NFL ??

The Super Bowl is by far the biggest sporting event every year.

By far.

Not by revenue, not by attendance and not by viewers. I don't know what reality you live in, but at least google it before claiming something so stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back