best mma fight glove - CSI or fairtex?

lourivellini

White Belt
Reaction score
I need a decent MMA glove to grapple in and do some very light striking (i have the CSI mma padded sparring gloves for that.

I was checking out either these that CSI makes that to me look a little tighter fitting:
fg16_5_m.jpg
45 bucks
Combat Sports Traditional MMA Fight Gloves-Combatsports.com

Or these that fairtex makes:
fg19.jpg
40 bucks
Fairtex Ultimate Combat Gloves - Open Thumb-Combatsports.com

The reason im pointing out tightness is that the ones someone has been letting me borrow has a huge bulge of padding that makes it hard to get my hand through in some situations.

I also was lookin at the everlast ones that look pretty decent and for 50 bucks you get the gloves and a pair of pretty nice shorts.
evfg3_1_m.jpg
EVTRUNK1_11_m.jpg

what would you guys go with? I might get more than one considering theyre all pretty cheap and ill just sell whichever i dont end up liking.

Are the busa's really worth almost double the price?

Double the price? They only retail for $65 which is only a few more dollars than the $40-$50 price tags you're quoting on the other gloves. And yes, Hayabusas are worth the price.

the fairtex are 40 and CSI has a 20% discount on everything.

32 vs 65 dollars is a big deal. I dont consider that just a few dollars.

EDIT: What i mean is, is it REALLY worth it and are they that much better? In most cases ill spend extra money to make sure im happy with what i get. mainly because i dont wanna end up upset with my purchase and then end up spending the extra money anyway to get the thing i really wanted.

But in this case i feel like the extra money isn't justified. Fairtex seems to be right up there with hayabusa and for what ill be using them for i think theyll probably be fine. (like i said mostly grappling and some VERY light striking)

I dont know that much about MMA gloves but what makes the busa's superior to the fairtex or CSI ones? the Y shaped thing? do they have better padding? I also dont like the fact that im right in the middle of the S/M L/XL size. Makes me think theyll either be too small or too big for me.

thanks in advance for any responses.

Last edited:
fairtex's MMA gloves have a very good reputation and if you want validation through pro use - they're what Strikeforce uses.

also i might just get the everlasts as a second pair just because i really like the shorts. im leaning towards the all yellow and black or blue and yellow (my schools colors)

what do you think:
shorts.png

I've never been disappointed with a Fairtex product.

Ok.. maybe a Tshirt I bought one time fit a little small but other than that PERFECTION.

do not get everlast the stitches will come apart very quickly

everlast is not that much ever last

Fairtex and Hayabusa make the best MMA gloves, hands down. CSI's aren't very good, and neither are Everlast's.

But you obviously don't want to hear that. You want someone to tell you to spend less money. So fine, spend less money on an inferior product.

I read that Everlast high-end products are legit. Same hoes with Title, and in that case probably any big name company:

If you're mass manufacturing gear, then you're cheap stuff will be the cheap stuff, and your expensive stuff will be the top-of-the-line.

I think really though, all their cheap stuff did was tarnish their name with the more dedicated crowd.

Otherwise, have you seen their Protex 3/EverGel series? I wouldn't mind wearing those around in the ring.

Fairtex and Hayabusa make the best MMA gloves, hands down. CSI's aren't very good, and neither are Everlast's.

But you obviously don't want to hear that. You want someone to tell you to spend less money. So fine, spend less money on an inferior product.

did you even bother to read what i said? I know they both make really good gloves, it came down to the fairtex gloves for 32 or the hayabusa for 65. If they both make really good products like you said then why not just say get the fairtex gloves.

Next time please read instead of sounding like a jackass

I feel that Primetime' Level 4 glove is really the best and its also the one copied by everyone else. I just picked up a new pair and they fit a lot tighter than the previous version. So if a sung fit is what you are looking for ...

IMO you don't need to spend too much on 4oz MMA gloves if you're just gonna use them for grappling or light striking applications. But if you're going to choose between those three with quality and pricing in mind, I'd go with the Fairtex.

Back