Best MMA coach

Vincentsky

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just not long ago many would say it’s Firas Zahabi, or Greg Jackson but Firas seems like a one hit wonder these days and Jackson’s is more of gathering place for talent imo.

These days it seems like Javier Mandes is possibly the most accomplished head coaches in MMA but there are plenty of other brilliant minds...

Who in your opinion is the best and overall most accomplished coach as of now, and why?

Last edited:
GettyImages-494554144.0.jpg

I'm a big fan of what Eugene bareman is doing at City kickboxing. He's obviously done great with adesanya, but I'm actually more impressed with what he's been able to do with Volkanovski and Hooker. He might be the coach of the year.

Mike Brown
Second this.
I'm a big fan of what Eugene bareman is doing at City kickboxing. He's obviously done great with adesanya, but I'm actually more impressed with what he's been able to do with Volkanovski and Hooker. He might be the coach of the year.
And this. I know it hurts, but it's amazing to see how much better fighters in NZ are than their AUS counterparts. Especially when you consider how long the UFC has been trying to break into AUS. Striking at City kickboxing is phenomenal.

if we're talking all time, i'm goin with Pat Miletich.

Jorge Gurgel . Because haven't heard Rogan say his name in a while

I’m a Khabib fan but I don’t think Javier Mendez is a great coaching mind, I think he’s a good leader who has built up a phenomenal culture to create a gym that breeds excellence, but I wouldn’t call him a great Xs and Os coach. AKA is a hell of a gym to train at though, and he deserves credit for that.

I’m a Khabib fan but I don’t think Javier Mendez is a great coaching mind, I think he’s a good leader who has built up a phenomenal culture to create a gym that breeds excellence, but I wouldn’t call him a great Xs and Os coach. AKA is a hell of a gym to train at though, and he deserves credit for that.
Khabib's father gave Javi a lot of props and even admits he wants to utilize similar training methodologies. Maybe he's not a mastermind or the most accomplished coach ever, but he probably has some real good intangibles and ideas that hasn't really been shown on camera that's translated to so many AKA fighters being successful.

Probably Conan Silveira

He's Amanda Nunes coach.
He also coached Santos against Jones.

Khabib's father gave Javi a lot of props and even admits he wants to utilize similar training methodologies. Maybe he's not a mastermind or the most accomplished coach ever, but he probably has some real good intangibles and ideas that hasn't really been shown on camera that's translated to so many AKA fighters being successful.
Oh i’m not calling him a shitty coach, just saying he’s not the top top echelon from a coaching knowledge/tactics standpoint.

That said, you look at what happens at Jackson Wink (where the coaches discard their fighters for the next hot thing) or ATT (where fighters are feuding in public) and Javier has a quality that is way more important than Xs/Os, he has built up a character and spirit in his gym that is unmatched. The only gym close to it in terms of camaraderie is City Kickboxing in New Zealand

Just not long ago many would say it’s Firas Zahabi, or Greg Jackson but Firas seems like a one hit wonder these days and Jackson’s is more of gathering place for talent imo.

These days it seems like Javier Mandes is possibly the most accomplished head coaches in MMA but there are plenty of other brilliant minds...

Who in your opinion is the best and overall most accomplished coach as of now, and why?
upload_2019-10-10_23-14-20.jpeg
Guy on the left.
Conor plays toucbutt in the park as an adult and Khabib as a kid

Lol whoever says Firas just doesn’t know what they are talking about. Massive difference between talking and coaching.

Javier Mendez.

Back