Best method to develop shins of steel?

1) Find heavybag

2) Kick

3) Repeat

Use a heavy bag to toughen up your shins. I'm already used to the thai bags we have, but the new ones we got are a lot stiffer, so I'm gradually toughening up on the new bags till they get broken in.

Kicking the bag is the way to go. You get to work your technique and cardio while conditioning your shins.

The head trainer at my gym likes to do a drill where you teep the bag then round kick it as it swings back to you. The added momentum of the swinging bag makes it hurt a bit more so you should just kick a stationary bag for a while to build up some conditioning.

Funny how people keep asking this question.

Even funnier is how some people still answer with "tapping your shins with {hard object}."

The best way to toughen your shin? I would say drink your milk. Calcium for strong bones and shit. Maybe some weight training. As was previously stated, your shins are already pretty tough. It's you who's not.

After you've gotten accustomed to thaipads and the typical heavybag, get yourself an EVERLAST heavybag. I guarantee that you'll find some sweet spots on those bags that will toughen your shins nicely. Don't try to hall off on those bags at 100% the first time out either or you'll pay for it.

After you've gotten accustomed to thaipads and the typical heavybag, get yourself an EVERLAST heavybag. I guarantee that you'll find some sweet spots on those bags that will toughen your shins nicely. Don't try to hall off on those bags at 100% the first time out either or you'll pay for it.

^^^
This!!

I swear, I was just thinking this too! Haha. Back when I first started at AKA, we had the old school fairtex bags which were awesome, then upgraded to PRO boxing equiptment bags which imo were on par with the fairtex bags. I could haul off on those bags no problem. I've always hated those damn hard spots on the Everlast bags like cali chute boxe says and recently AKA replaced all the bags with Everlast ones.

Safe to say, after all the kicking I've done and as hard as my shins are, I'm still not a fan of Everlast heavy bags lol

1. Kick bgs and pads.

2.Rub jow on your shins.

45 seconds in :D :

Yeah, that would be the proverbial palm tree that I mentioned avoiding. That guy in the movie that was kicking the tree must not be very "Damme" smart. :icon_lol:

:icon_chee

Back