Best kind of carbs to eat in morning?

TexDeuce

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What are the best kind of carbs to eat in the morning, and what kind of foods should I eat them from?

Slow carbs like Oatmeal, whole wheat toast, and bran flakes are my recommendation. (and some protein & fat always, like milk or eggs).

even brown rice if you can stomach it in the morning.

oatmeal is the best in the morining and pre workout as you need the carbs to

eggs.

ok, so eggs aren't really carb rich, but they make a damn tastey breakfast don't they? and you can have some steak with em too if you like. and if you've still got room... maybe a pear and some oatmeal or something...

best damn sock puppet show period.

whole wheat bagel with non-fat cream cheese
oats...but I just read an article where they think that eating oats everyday may lower your immune system. They just said keep eating the oats, but switch it up with other carbs.
brown rice
sweet potato (I like to slice mine up into chips and bake them in the oven...brushed with a little olive oil before baking...bake until crispy)
whole grain cereal with non fat milk

When I'm being good, my breakfast is the fattiest meal of my day.

Beef jerky. Beef jerky beats the pants off oatmeal. nothing like beef jerky oatmeal.

oatmeal with some fruit in it does me good. stay away from the shit in packets and stick to good old minute oats

Nate Pringle said:
oatmeal with some fruit in it does me good. stay away from the shit in packets and stick to good old minute oats
Those are further refined.

I get the oats that take the longest time to prepare, but that's because I just put oats on cereal, in shakes, etc. Only raw, I don't eat oatmeal regularly. Maybe I should change that.

Back