Best kickers in MMA history

Adlan Amagov had some epic kicks
MellowHideousJoey-size_restricted.gif

RecentAgileFirebelliedtoad-small.gif

Second gif is Adam Khaliev. UFC signed him but then he never competed.

Who do you believe has the best kicks in MMA history?

I believe it’s anyone out of; cro cop, Silva, barboza, gsp or wonderboy
The question is in MMA. So it's Dejdamrong. If it's in UFC only, it's probably Fiziev as of now, also Barboza, Wonderboy, Salikov. From the past Crocop, Baas, Rizzo..

Havent heard Raymond Daniels or MVP yet.

Not the best, but damn deadly with kicks, feet like hands.

Barboza has to kick the hardest p4p and very technical.

The difference between Mirko and pretty much everyone else mentioned so far is IMHO that his kicks were not low percentage moves, they were more like punches.

Typically a kick finish tends to mean either picking out a counter or really fooling an opponent badly to block at the wrong level, either that or some exotic shit that needs timing so good it won't come off often. Mirko was so powerful and fast with standard kicks he didnt need that or he only needed the tiniest mistake in terms of wrong level blocking.

Its why I think he dropped off so fast as the injuries he suffered around 07-08 limited his speed and that changed his tactics, suddenly he couldn't just catch opponents via speed anymore. His kicks became the kind of low percentage moves they are for other fighters and instead he needed to depend more on his boxing.

I genuinely believe it's Barboza. The diversity of his kicks and the speed and power is just beautiful. Leg, body, head kicks, both legs, just beautiful to watch. Obviously Mirko is right there at the top as well, incredible speed with his kicks for such a large man.

A few years from now, I guarantee that Giga Chikadze will be in this conversation. His kicks are insanely good, that liver kick of his is just nasty.

Wonderboy, Barboza and Gaethje are some that come to my mind.
Cro Cop too, obviously.

Edson Barboza and Donald Cerrone come to my mind immediately.

The difference between Mirko and pretty much everyone else mentioned so far is IMHO that his kicks were not low percentage moves, they were more like punches.

Typically a kick finish tends to mean either picking out a counter or really fooling an opponent badly to block at the wrong level, either that or some exotic shit that needs timing so good it won't come off often. Mirko was so powerful and fast with standard kicks he didnt need that or he only needed the tiniest mistake in terms of wrong level blocking.

Its why I think he dropped off so fast as the injuries he suffered around 07-08 limited his speed and that changed his tactics, suddenly he couldn't just catch opponents via speed anymore. His kicks became the kind of low percentage moves they are for other fighters and instead he needed to depend more on his boxing.
You are absolutely right. Mirko definitely had the most dangerous kicks.
As for the lighter weight classes it's Barboza without a question.

Silva? Silva was an excellent striker in general. But when I think kicks, I don't think Silva. Adesanya has much better kicks.
To answer your question: Mirko Cro Cop, Bas, Barboza, Wonderboy, Holly Holm, Yair, Pettis in his prime as well. I'd also add Cerrone in there. His kicks were/are deadly at all levels. Leg kicks brutal, body kicks insane, head kicks...hospital.
Imagine thinking Holly fucking Holm is a better kicker than Anderson Silva.

Machida, Crocop, Raymond Daniels, Barboza, MVP

Shogun and Anderson have some good kicks as well

tenor.gif

side kicks are criminally underrated.

In fact they are kinda the secret sauce.

Gotta be Barboza, for a 155er to get so many different types of kicking related kos is so impressive

Back