Best kickers in MMA history

The right option but not as popular of an option because his kicks aren't super flashy is Cerrone. Crippled Alvarez's leg, knocked Iaquinta down with a front kick, Finished Miller twice in one fight, one to the body then another to the head after Miller was allowed to recover because the ref was a moron. He has 8 finishes via headkick inside of the UFC.

Machida is worth a mention.
His left body kick is a thing of beauty. One of my favorite Machida KOs was when he finished CB Dollaway with a left kick to the liver. It's incredible that he was able to land it on Weidman so many times without him going down.

Bas Rutten, Pedro Rizzo's leg kicks are legendary, Mirko Filipovic's LHK was a signature move that used to scare HWs worldwide, Jose Aldo leg kicks, Edson Barboza, Anthony Pettis was quite a kicker in his day, Justin Gaethje's leg kicks are otherworldly, ANthony Johnson's head kicks have sent plenty of folks crashing to the mat as well...

The right option but not as popular of an option because his kicks aren't super flashy is Cerrone. Crippled Alvarez's leg, knocked Iaquinta down with a front kick, Finished Miller twice in one fight, one to the body then another to the head after Miller was allowed to recover because the ref was a moron. He has 8 finishes via headkick inside of the UFC.
I had to think about it, but you're right! Plus, he is the inventor of the "fuck you kicks" against Jury.

Personally I think its still pretty clearly Mirko, don't think any other fighter of his kind of status(a minimum top 10 all time HW) has built their success so heavily on their kicking game.

I had to think about it, but you're right! Plus, he is the inventor of the "fuck you kicks" against Jury.
He rarely gets mentioned because people instantly think of flashy guys like Barboza and Wonderboy but in terms of effectiveness he's probably #1.

Reactions: G10
Machida had great variety in his kicks…

Some memorable KO’s with them as well.

gUsoOEEPtvGnzJq1kISUJDhIrffhkBeOrXS5pYLi_b4.gif

200.gif

tumblr_ngxbydeXwz1tugoyjo1_400.gif

tumblr_mvd414eGgR1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Gaethje / Barboza / Crocop / Jones / Silva / Machida.

that's a few.

Shogun. He had hard well timed kicks and was one of the very few fighters who could kick while moving backwards.

Aldo, especially the way he steps into his low kicks after combinations.

Although I tend to think Aldo would be down as the best jab ever in MMA, that was I think the core of his latter sucess.

Wonderboy is probably the most versatile. I wish that he would throw more head kicks though.

Back