Best Judo and/or Wrestling Book

Neuro

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Frequently discussed is the best BJJ book (and Saulo's book frequently cited), but what are your guy's opinions on the

Best Judo Book?
or
Best Wrestling Book?

I'm a BJJ guy so obviously I'm looking to these for help with takedowns for competition. Any responses appreciated.

the canon of judo by mifune.... hint you can find pdfs on google

Wrestling for fighting by Randy Couture gets my vote.

Guerilla Jiu Jitsu by Dave camarillo is a good Judoish Jiu jitsu book..there may be others that are better for strickly Judo.

If the sole purpose of getting the book is to get better at takedowns, then i'd say forget about getting a book and just get out there and do judo.

the canon of judo by mifune.... hint you can find pdfs on google

Got it in the first post... Canon of Judo is the best book you can get as Mifune broke it down like no other.

But, Kodokan Judo is technically the Bible of Judo since it's written by Kano.
Amazon.com: Kodokan Judo: The Essential Guide to Judo by Its Founder Jigoro Kano (9784770017994): Jigoro Kano: Books

and I also liked Attacking Judo from Kashiwazaki since it offered a lot of good combination attacks/counters.
Amazon.com: Attacking Judo: A Guide to Combinations and Counters (Special interest) (9780951845592): Katsuhiko Kashiwazaki, Hidetoshi Nakanishi, Sarah Cousens: Books

If you can find Fighting Judo, it's a collectors item and is worth a lot.

Back