Best Joker from Batman in your opinion?

Mark Hamil in the cartoons and video games was better than Heath Ledger could've ever dreamed of being.

Heath's performance as the Joker still stands as the best of all time imo.
The 1 on 1 scene in the jail room is still my favorite scene from all 3 movies.

the_dark_knight03.jpg

nope Jack got too much credit because he is Jack Nicholson and oh dare you say Jack Nicholson was not great.... since I dont give a shit I think Jack Nicholson did it way over the top, he did a charicature of the role.... to be fair the direction of the Tim Burton film was exactly more of a charicature story while the direction of Nolan was a lot darker... its just a matter of preference but Ledger in my opinion did a more "realistic" role and didnt make a charicature of it as Nicholson did.Again at the end is a matter of preference but saying that one is "superior" over the other sorry but its just not a valid argument

And Heath's version was not a caricature? it's true Jack made more movies with him playing an insane character (the Shining, one flew..) and Heath was doing something new. Maybe superior is an exaggeration but i liked jack's version more. Also I thought the first Burton movie was very dark also, maybe even darker and more somber than the dark knight.

Nicholson was fine as The Joker. There are a couple of different takes on The Joker's personality. Nicholson just happened to play a more playful version of the character, instead of the full on psychopath that Ledger portrayed.

Personally, I like Ledger's portrayal better, but to say Nicholson didn't bring anything to the role, or just played himself, is ridiculous. You can't blame the man for having a natural screen presence. It's the audience that can't seperate the man from the performance, not the other way around.

1. Mark Hamill
2. Jack Nicholson
3. Heath Ledger

Yep,except I put Heath as distant third.To me he wasn't the joker,just a deranged psycho in clown makeup. He claimed to be spreading anarchy,but was doing anything but.

Yep,except I put Heath as distant third.To me he wasn't the joker,just a deranged psycho in clown makeup. He claimed to be spreading anarchy,but was doing anything but.

But he did spread anarchy. Now every dumbass teen thinks he's the joker...

Live action? Heath Ledger. People who say Nicholson are most likely doing so just to be a contrarion.

Not really. Heath's performance was outstanding, no doubt, but I don't think it was a great representation of the Joker.

i always liked mark hamil as the joker in the animated series

as for live action both heath ledger and jack r good

Not a big fan of Heath's Joker... A big part of that goes to how Nolan wrote the Joker in general. A lot the reasons behind his actions were way too convoluted. It wasn't "Joker-esque" enough.

In the words of the Joker, "If you have to explain the joke... The joke is no good."

Animated Hamill. Movie Heath. Then..

Jack....

mark hamill.heath ledger a close second.

Back