Best Joe Silva Reactions!

The Jones/Bonnar elbow always stands out for me.

falcao.jpg

I like knowing that the guy who controls matches loves fights.

I always love his reactions after Struve wins a fight.

Nice awesome to see that these guys actually enjoy the shit out of their jobs

Anyone know how he got the gig of matchmaker? Was he buddies with the Ferttitas/Dana back in the day?

Anyone know how he got the gig of matchmaker? Was he buddies with the Ferttitas/Dana back in the day?

Man I heard once, I think on a podcast, or some video, that when the the Fertittas bought the UFC, they didn't know much about the roster.
So someone told them about this guy, Joe Silva. He was a super fan, with tapes and tapes full of fights. He was apparently very knowledgable and helped them set up some matches, and we know where the rest of the story goes.

Could be bullshit, I've only heard it that one time.
But if its true its pretty amazing.

Super fan becomes ringside matchmaker extraordinaire simply by doing what he loved to do in the first place

Stole my idea

I had no means to put it out, so at least someone did it

Man I heard once, I think on a podcast, or some video, that when the the Fertittas bought the UFC, they didn't know much about the roster.
So someone told them about this guy, Joe Silva. He was a super fan, with tapes and tapes full of fights. He was apparently very knowledgable and helped them set up some matches, and we know where the rest of the story goes.

Could be bullshit, I've only heard it that one time.
But if its true its pretty amazing.

Super fan becomes ringside matchmaker extraordinaire simply by doing what he loved to do in the first place

Thats awesome.

He has had some horrible match-making calls, but for the most part he delivers the fights that fans want to see.

I'm just crying because we will never get to see Maia vs Palhares.

this guy is the true example of having the best job in the world and enjoying every second hahah

Back