Best Jab in the UFC?

Conor doesn't use it, but if he did he'd have the best jab, so Conor.

I'm a huge cruz fan. But I think cruzes boxing in general is not very good. Cruz wins fights from his superior movement, but his Orthodox boxing strikes such as jab, hook etc are not up to stuff.

His jabs are beautiful.

someone else explained it better than me, so I'll quote them

"
As Cruz mentions (I roughly paraphrase), by moving laterally, you’re constantly adjusting your hips and you won’t be directly in front of them in the event you need to defend the takedown. Alternatively, by moving laterally with the jab, your head is always dynamically moving away, denying the opponent a static target to strike. Against Faber, Cruz used this to the fullest potential.
"

cruz-lateral-jab-breakdown-arrows-final.gif

"Note Cruz pivots his rear leg laterally first and follows up with the lead foot afterwards, actively adjusting his position to never be directly in front of Faber. As a result, he ends up adjusting his hips laterally far off to the side."

cruz-lateral-jab-comp.gif

https://strikingthoughtssite.wordpr...ruzs-fighting-style-and-footwork-part-1-0f-3/

It's probably his best strike to be honest.

Last edited:
While powerful, I feel Edgar's striking is sloppy. When I watch him punching in slow mo it reminds me of rousey weirdly. His jab is decent that said but not one I'd call great.

I'm sorry did you just describe Edgar's pitter patter striking as powerful?

Once it was GSP, now it is Moussasi... and it rhymes.

Moose has a solid jab, with good power behind, something like Crocop used to use.

His jabs are beautiful.

"
As Cruz mentions (I roughly paraphrase), by moving laterally, you’re constantly adjusting your hips and you won’t be directly in front of them in the event you need to defend the takedown. Alternatively, by moving laterally with the jab, your head is always dynamically moving away, denying the opponent a static target to strike. Against Faber, Cruz used this to the fullest potential.
"

"Note Cruz pivots his rear leg laterally first and follows up with the lead foot afterwards, actively adjusting his position to never be directly in front of Faber. As a result, he ends up adjusting his hips laterally far off to the side."

https://strikingthoughtssite.wordpr...ruzs-fighting-style-and-footwork-part-1-0f-3/

I was told i should be banned for saying this, couldn't wrap my mind around it

I was told i should be banned for saying this, couldn't wrap my mind around it

Cruz just adds his own spin on things and people automatically think "different" equals worse or bad. It's like they have a conservative bias of what constitutes good striking, and anything that is different from that idea of "good striking" must not be good.

His jabs are beautiful.

"
"

Hmm very interesting. I seemed to have overlooked his jab game. Although my point still stands that hes effective because of his great movement.

Moose, stipe, Korean wonderboy come to mind

Cruz just adds his own spin on things and people automatically think "different" equals worse or bad. It's like they have a conservative bias of what constitutes good striking, and anything that is different from that idea of "good striking" must not be good.
Well he has no power and looks like a girl out there so I think that's the issue. But I might be super biased bc im an antifan.

Not that it's bad to be a girl in mma because Joanna has a much better jab than Cruz imho

Hmm very interesting. I seemed to have overlooked his jab game. Although my point still stands that hes effective because of his great movement.

Well, moving is indeed part of jabbing, so isn't everyone effective because of their movement? I don't see why that would exclude him from being considered good at jabbing—if anything it makes him better at jabbing and thus more deserving of being in this thread.

Conor doesn't use it, but if he did he'd have the best jab, so Conor.
Actually conor used it well against eddie. But it seems he only recently started utilizing it more.

Well he has no power and looks like a girl out there so I think that's the issue. But I might be super biased bc im an antifan.

Well, we're talking about jabs, mate. If we were talking about knockout artists, then that critique would hold a lot more weight for sure.

Moose, stipe, Korean wonderboy come to mind

I don't know why your post made me think of him, but Rory actually has a really nice Jab too. Oh, and Gustafsson, too, he put on a show in the Jones fight with various types of Jabs.

Back