Best jab ever thrown in MMA

I remember GSP hitting Jake Shields with a jab that knocked him half way across the cage.

You are one of the only people that thinks thats a jab. Stop embarrassing yourself. Even the definition of a jab shit you googled and posted showed you were wrong.

A lead hook and a jab are two different things
I'll take reference sources over your word any day.

I'll take reference sources over your word any day.

Uh... your "sources" said "the lead fist is thrown straight ahead and the arm is fully extended". Nicks fist was NOT thrown straight ahead it was thrown on an angle. Also Nicks arm was NOT fully extended, it was bent the whole time. Its not a jab buddy. Even by your "sources" its not a jab. Try learning what basic fucking strikes are. You think its a coincidence that everyone but that idiot "Walker Smith Jr" (who's reason was because Nicks body rotated lol) said it was a hook?

This is embarrassing. How can you be a big enough MMA fan that you join a MMA forum and you still don't know what a jab or a lead hook are? His arm comes from the side on an angle, his elbow is pointed out not down, his body rotates back, the punch doesn't come in straight, and look at Robbies head torque sideways. Its clearly a hook.

LOL are you saying your body doesn't rotate on a hook? Your body rotates more on a hook then any punch

His body didn't rotate enough to indicate that it's hook. Stop acting smart on internet forum and go take some boxing classes, "mma expert".

not a gsp nuthugger but he utilized the jab as well as anyone

idLrvryu2r2mz.gif
1z32uzn.jpg

Considering it was landed on this guy out of all people, and the result it had:
Donald+Cerrone+Jabs+Edson+Barboza+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif
Wasnt even a strong jab. The stars just aligned for that jab to hurt him lol. Edson was whooping his ass too. Bad luck.

some dudes here dont even know what a jab is. and we argue with these people. joke's on us.

An argument can be made that it wasnt a jab but rather a straight because he threw the punch after his right foot became his back leg.
I think that's where some people seem to be confused. You can still throw a jab while walking backwards though. His right still seems to be his lead hand as well

Gsp vs Koscheck, accumulative damage over the course of the fight was ridiculous considering it was from predominantly constant jabs.

It wasn't even really accumulated damage. Kos's orbital was busted early in the first from a jab.

I misread the thread title initially and posted who I thought used the jab the best...

but the best single Jab ever thrown? Has to be a fight changing one like the ones already posted and mentioned.

Cerrone/Barboza
Kimbo/Petruzelli
Anderson/Forrest (was that considered a jab or just a random Anderson Silva strike?)

Personally I like the Cerrone vs Barboza jab the best just because no arguement can be made that it wasnt indeed a jab and also.... it dropped Barboza and led to the finish

Donald+Cerrone+Jabs+Edson+Barboza+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif

(stole gif from above post just though I'd repost)

Back