Best instructional video for Full Contact Karate/kickboxing techniques?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Ogata, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ogata

Ogata Silver Belt

I am looking for a instructional dvd that breaks down every move that was popular in full contact karate or pka kickboxing.

Now I know PKA is a bit hated but I still respect the art and the people who performed it and I feel that its a good style of striking to learn since it focuses on building the flexibility more so than boxing and Thai kickboxing.

2. shinkyoku

shinkyoku Brown Belt

with "full contact karate" do you mean japanese full contact karate (kyokushin type rules) or do you mean american full contact karate (shiny pants, no lowkicks)? There are several other formats of karate called "full contact, but those two are the most common referred to.

3. Reyesnuthugr

Reyesnuthugr Dominick Reyes Belt

Machida's DVDs are legit

Rogerdraven likes this.
  4. Ogata

Ogata Silver Belt

American full contact karate. The type that was pioneered by the likes of Don Wilson and Bill Wallace as well as other karate fighters.

5. PgKarate

PgKarate Yellow Belt

I did that for like 4 months, as a karate black belt, it's awesome! I may go back once I get my shit together.

Don't know any instructional DVDs though, but Bill Wallace probably has lots of material on it. Good luck!

6. shinkyoku

shinkyoku Brown Belt

7. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Why don't you get into yoga or stretching if you just want to focus on flexibility?

I don't think it's really worth spending your training time on something outdated like American Kickboxing. If you want to train Karate focus on Kyokushin based Kickboxing as its proven affective in modern Kickboxing.