Best instructional video for Full Contact Karate/kickboxing techniques?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am looking for a instructional dvd that breaks down every move that was popular in full contact karate or pka kickboxing.

Now I know PKA is a bit hated but I still respect the art and the people who performed it and I feel that its a good style of striking to learn since it focuses on building the flexibility more so than boxing and Thai kickboxing.

with "full contact karate" do you mean japanese full contact karate (kyokushin type rules) or do you mean american full contact karate (shiny pants, no lowkicks)? There are several other formats of karate called "full contact, but those two are the most common referred to.

with "full contact karate" do you mean japanese full contact karate (kyokushin type rules) or do you mean american full contact karate (shiny pants, no lowkicks)? There are several other formats of karate called "full contact, but those two are the most common referred to.

American full contact karate. The type that was pioneered by the likes of Don Wilson and Bill Wallace as well as other karate fighters.

American full contact karate. The type that was pioneered by the likes of Don Wilson and Bill Wallace as well as other karate fighters.

I did that for like 4 months, as a karate black belt, it's awesome! I may go back once I get my shit together.

Don't know any instructional DVDs though, but Bill Wallace probably has lots of material on it. Good luck!

I am looking for a instructional dvd that breaks down every move that was popular in full contact karate or pka kickboxing.

Now I know PKA is a bit hated but I still respect the art and the people who performed it and I feel that its a good style of striking to learn since it focuses on building the flexibility more so than boxing and Thai kickboxing.
Why don't you get into yoga or stretching if you just want to focus on flexibility?

I don't think it's really worth spending your training time on something outdated like American Kickboxing. If you want to train Karate focus on Kyokushin based Kickboxing as its proven affective in modern Kickboxing.

Back