Best I’ve faced : Oscar de la Hoya

there is a name i forgot.
i didnt see that fight... Felix was maybe sort of a bit underrated?
Sturm vs Oscar could have gone either way. Sturm finished the fight really strong so most had the impression he won but Oscar won a lot of early rounds.

there is a name i forgot.
i didnt see that fight... Felix was maybe sort of a bit underrated?

A little bit underrated maybe.
I think Oscar was getting older and 160 was too high for him.
Sturm outboxed him quite clearly, Oscar had nothing for that guard. But thats my opinion. I dont want to shit on Oscar, just wanted to point that fight out, when you are also mentioning some other decisions that didnt go his way.

This fight was a set up for his match with Bernard Hopkins. Imagine he lost ...

If you are interested and can see it in your region:

A little bit underrated maybe.
I think Oscar was getting older and 160 was too high for him.
Sturm outboxed him quite clearly, Oscar had nothing for that guard. But thats my opinion. I dont want to shit on Oscar, just wanted to point that fight out, when you are also mentioning some other decisions that didnt go his way.

This fight was a set up for his match with Bernard Hopkins. Imagine he lost ...

If you are interested and can see it in your region:

You know, I do vaguely remember it, now. You describing Sturm’s guard was what did it. And Sturm was pillowfisted.... no one got hurt in this fight and Sturm outlanded him?

Oscar was soft, soft soft at 160, started to look very Mexican, lol. I remember it just looked impossible for him to beat Bernard, even though he boxed fine in that fight, just too much difference in power and size.

Such a long time ago, and sometimes I drink a lot at fights!

You know, I do vaguely remember it, now. You describing Sturm’s guard was what did it. And Sturm was pillowfisted.... no one got hurt in this fight and Sturm outlanded him?

Oscar was soft, soft soft at 160, started to look very Mexican, lol. I remember it just looked impossible for him to beat Bernard, even though he boxed fine in that fight, just too much difference in power and size.

Such a long time ago, and sometimes I drink a lot at fights!

heh It still in your head it seems, thats what I saw too.

Oscar outwork Sturm, especially early, but it was not effective. He came out looking to bully Sturm, put water into his basement, and the only thing Oscar walked way with from that opening round with a leaky nose. And Sturm had his nose leaking from that jab the whole fight while nothing Oscar threw seemed to bother him.

This decision looks especially bad in light of what happened in the Hopkins fight. Oscar was a husky MW who didn't have the pop to trouble the top guys at the weight.

Back