best hw prospect

WTF was that over the wkend? Lartey was looking up for it, then he started wincing and was clubbed over like a sack of spuds?

I thought he might have initially been caught on the chin with the left hook, but it was definitely the right that put him out. Surprised how long he was down for. seemed a bit iffy, unless wardley really hits that hard

Babic doesn’t want to fight at cruiser even though he easily could and dillion thinks he should.

Wardley I am more impressed with in every fight. You can see the S&C work he has been doing is coming through in the ring.

he looks really natural which is unusual for guys that start late; okolie, wilder, Joshua early in his career. He seems really grounded as well. Definitely looking forward to seeing him step up again, but really hope they don’t rush him. I know they were saying on Saturday that he could end up in a British title shot with the loser of Dubois/Joyce. I wouldn’t want to see him in with one of those guys until at least 2022. Gorman would be a good fight though, a skilled and tricky boxer. I think that would be a perfect next step up

Hrgovic, for me. I've heard good things about Jared Anderson but I haven't seen anything from him so I'll avoid making a decision there.

I posted two different guys...
What are you talking about...

also, whats a young career, this is a thread about prospects.
- Anderson
- Young career, meaning it started less than two years ago.
- My concern is that in less than two years his weight is steadily increasing.
- I would hope that as a 21 year old, his weight would be more stable.

- Anderson

I'm not too concerned about Anderson's weight at this point. He's a young kid still growing into his body & even at 249 he didn't show any sign of being overweight last time out against Ibeh. Nor did he looked overly "jacked". So, as long as we don't see him creeping up much further in weight any time soon, I think he'll be just fine.

I'm not too concerned about Anderson's weight at this point. He's a young kid still growing into his body & even at 249 he didn't show any sign of being overweight last time out against Ibeh. Nor did he looked overly "jacked". So, as long as we don't see him creeping up much further in weight any time soon, I think he'll be just fine.

Hands looked quick against Ibeh . Liking his upside. Next question is how he deal with adversity vs guys with similar or more fire power.

- Anderson
I disagree, he is very young and body has been developing. Good thing HW in boxing doesnt have a weight limit up like UFC. No idea what you’re worried about.

biggest advantage of being a hw is no weight cutting to fuck up ur body. I didn’t leave Islam to fast 2 Ramadans a year instead of one.

Justis Huni from aus. Looks a massive prospect. Medalled at world champs at 20. Won aus title on his pro debut against a 13-1-1 fight. Great hand speed for a 6ft 4. Still filling out at 21.

Justis Huni from aus. Looks a massive prospect. Medalled at world champs at 20. Won aus title on his pro debut against a 13-1-1 fight. Great hand speed for a 6ft 4. Still filling out at 21.

Defo a prospect but will need to fight overseas soon, as he'll soon outgrow Australia. That may not be possible this year, so learning fights for the foreseeable, but after that I'm very interested to see where he goes. Also just seen Galen will fight Browne, Huni should fight the winner and then maybe the Fa-Parker loser, but I'm just rambling. Babic is fun and no number of fights for that lad.

- most ducked current heavyweight.
- WBA has had him in their rankings for years.
- fights exclusively in Mexico because the American government understands his fists are WMDs.
- David Allen was supposed to fight him. Ended up retiring a couple weeks later. Coincidence?

david Allen would fight literally anyone. He even fought the most avoided fighter in HW history, lol.

He retired because he knows he’s hit his ceiling, and he wants to become a fat bastard

Last edited:
Defo a prospect but will need to fight overseas soon, as he'll soon outgrow Australia. That may not be possible this year, so learning fights for the foreseeable, but after that I'm very interested to see where he goes. Also just seen Galen will fight Browne, Huni should fight the winner and then maybe the Fa-Parker loser, but I'm just rambling. Babic is fun and no number of fights for that lad.
Agreed, he was keen on going to Olympics last i read. After that he should consider relocating. Ill take gallen to beat Browne solely on how shot he looked vs Allen.

My vote goes to Jared Anderson from Toledo, OH. 21 years old, fights like a poised veteran, solid can-do no-excuse attitude. 6'4 or 5, about 240lb lean. Calmly breaks guys of every shape and style down and stops them, fights regularly.

this guy is a bum beater
Only because everyone ducks him.

He is just too good.

Records would fall. Our idolization of Louis, Marciano, and Ali would come to an end.

Boxing wants to protect the legacies of those guys.

babic is too small for HW. Could he make CW? I’m a fan whatever he does, fun to watch and really likeable fella as well

Wardley is a great prospect based on how long he has been fighting. Loved his interview the other day. Refreshingly honest and articulate. He told us what the unanswered questions are!

As long as he can take a hard shot, and doesn’t gas after 5 rounds, I think he could be a top contender. He’s clearly every athletic and a natural fighter. You can’t get to where he is now that quickly without that attitude and natural ability. He’s got a very steep learning curve though but I expect we’ll see some big improvements over the next 2 years

I just checked out Wardley, I'd heard his name but not watched any of his fights. I've just watched his last 6 fights in chronological order and I'm impressed! What a natural fighter for someone with no amateur experience. The guy is as natural as I've ever seen. He makes some basic mistakes but that's due to his lack of experience but he more than makes up for it with ability. His hand speed is excellent. For someone with no amateur experience he has a brilliant jab. His punch picking is excellent and he has very good power. Some of the best uppercuts I've seen of a HW. I can't believe how quickly this kid has picked up boxing. He is a true natural. I'll definitely be watching all of his fights from now on. The only doubt I have is, is he really 6'5"? He doesn't look that big.

If he irons out his mistakes, crossing feet, walking instead of shuffling, turning his back, backing up in straight lines then I think the sky's the limit. He is the most naturally talented HW I've seen in a long time, perhaps since Mike Tyson. And he looks to have a good chin too.

Back