Best HW in UFC History

Should not be ufc but mma in general. That way you could include Fedor, Cro Cop, and Big nog (he was in UFC and got the title but if you combine his run in pride hw would have a better resume than some guys on the list).

I want to keep it out of the wasteland.

JDS is still talent wise and resume wise one of the best.(thought JDS was the best b4 losing to Cain)

But i think Randy was the best if you look at him in title fights. But its close, Cain, JDS, Tim, Mir Brock etc were all great.

AA!? haha...I guess an argument can be made for it. Albeit not a GOOD argument. Don't get me wrong, love the dude, but in a conversation about the UFC's BEST HW, I just don't see it.
or Timmay.

I was expecting something like 70%+ for Cain, but was pleasantly surprised. Voted for Timmeh myself.

It's gotta be Frank Mir. Look at the accomplishments:

UFC Heavyweight Championship (One time)
Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship (One time)
Most wins in UFC Heavyweight division in history (14)
Most finishes in UFC Heavyweight division in history (11)
Defeated four different UFC Heavyweight Champions

Having got rid of all the stats that are highly irrelevent to being the GOAT, you still make a decent argument.

But Randy was a 3 time UFC Heavyweight Champion. Although he has 4 less HW wins than Mir, he has 4 more HW title fight wins. And he has beat 3 different UFC HW Champions.

Randy has him beat by quality > quantity.

Cain but only because the Reem isn't on there. The Reem would destroy all of those guys with great ease. not saying there bad, just that the Reem is on a completely god-like level.

Too untested in the UFC so far. One win and one positive drug test make it inconclusive and your opinions are clearly weighted with bias.

This poll is suffering terribly from "What have you done for me lately?" syndrome.

I went with Randy based on accomplishments with Mir a close second. I do however believe that Cain, Reem, and JDS have time to surpass them, but it seems in the heavyweight division that when guys lose they seem to fall off quick like Brock, Sylvia, Arlovski, CC, Fedor, and even Nog.

JDS is still talent wise and resume wise one of the best.(thought JDS was the best b4 losing to Cain)

But i think Randy was the best if you look at him in title fights. But its close, Cain, JDS, Tim, Mir Brock etc were all great.

So why no Brock slot then? He's my pick I think

Fedor
Nog
Barnett
Cain
JDS
Royce
Sylvia
Werdum
Arlovski
Mir
Couture
CC
Rizzo
Coleman
Bas
Ricco
Oleg
BF Silva
Ruas
Kerr
Brock
Hunt
Randleman
Kongo
Monson
Buentello/Tank/Kimo/Vera

There ya go.

You have got to be joking when you include Lesnar, Mir, Arlovski and Sylvia don't you. When you are listing the best you don't include those who obviously aren't!

So why no Brock slot then? He's my pick I think

He has a slot, just open your eyes. 4-3 is the best ever?!?

He beat up old man Randy, Herring, Mir & Carwin. Mir & Carwin are his only good wins, hardly the best ever IMO.

He has a slot, just open your eyes. 4-3 is the best ever?!?

He beat up old man Randy, Herring, Mir & Carwin. Mir & Carwin are his only good wins, hardly the best ever IMO.

Can you please just leave this thread

Can fedor fans just please stay away from 1 thread.

Edit: crap I quoted the wrong guy sorry

Last edited:
Back